Controller Selection

Benny27

New elf
Hi does anyone have any ideas what would be a good fit for my project.
I am running some WS2815 DC12V addressable full color RGB 5050 LED strip;60leds/m;5m/roll;epoxy resin filled in the tube;IP68;BLACK PCB along my fence in the back yard to light up the fence and I am after a stand alone controller. If controller has phone app or work with google home would be even better.
Thanks Benny

Adsy

Full time elf
There are a few different controllers that would do the job .There are Bluetooth app controllers which support ws2812b so these would work but you may have a limitation on pixels(300 pixels per strip). You will definetly need power injection though for multiple strips

Last edited:

Benny27

New elf
There are a few different controllers that would do the job .There are Bluetooth app controllers which support ws2812b so these would work but you may have a limitation on pixels(300 pixels per strip). You will definetly need power injection though for multiple strips
Would you have a link to a site or controller type I could look up? Cheers

Adsy

Full time elf
Would you have a link to a site or controller type I could look up? Cheers
[/https://www.superlightingled.com/dc524v-sp107e-wireless-bluetooth-spi-music-spectrum-controller-for-addressable-ws2812b-sk6812-led-strip-lights-p-1715.html
image.jpg I used this one for my roof outline last year. I heatshrinked it with the start of my run didn't miss a beat ,but these are fairly cheap so I also bought a backup