Controlling ACL Strobes

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Hey guys,

I have 3 strings of these strobes that I completed last year, but couldn't get to work with a controller (they would work fine just connecting them to 5vdc).

So, what controllers do they work well with? Or is the trick in connecting the strings in series rather than parallel so that it works off a higher v?

Thanks,
Ingrid

PS - a really big thank you to the guys who put together the assembly guides they are great, they will be really helpful in finishing the other strobes next year.

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Hey hey, just following this up. Kinda got distracted!

By rights I should be able to hook up a strobe to a channel on a RenC/Grinch or just a Grinch by itself - is that correct? If so, I wonder what I am doing wrong! A single LED is fine, but the strobe won't fire. Have I missed something?

Thanks. :)

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
pin 1 = +vcc
pin 2 = Gnd
pin 3 =
pin 4 = Gnd Trigger (starts strobe flashing)

thats the way i have them hooked up.. an it works

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Depending on what kit you put together will determine how these are connected. I have mine with the trigger so that is one + and then two - , the 2 negative are one for power and the other is for the trigger.

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Thanks guys, at the moment I have the 2 negative wires with one of them being the trigger.

I'll give this a bash at lunch and see how I go. Thanks again.

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Ugh, sometimes I just need to stop and read for second.

Looking at the cat5 cable from the bottom of the plug, what would Pin 1 be? The first guy or the bottom one?