Cool LED Hat !

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Now that is sure a show off hat for sure..
Just think of the willing people that will donate money if i asked with a hat like that on..
But sadly i fear the price could be scary

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
With about 200 pixels required plus a controller and a power source which pretty much has to be a battery to get portability you wouldn't get much change out of a few hundred dollars to do a hat like that.

Bird

LOR user
David_AVD said:
Yeah, as soon as I saw that hat, I knew I had to post about it here. :)
Nice find David
That is a very festive hat
Now Eddy will want to make one.
He needs something on his head anyways. :D

safarir

New elf
Hi Guys,

My name is Charles and I am the guy who created this hat. I found your website while looking at the stats of my video. Awesome forum btw, I am also a christmas light freak, I will try to find a video of my house and post it !

Soo just for you, here is another video:

Top Hat, HELLO WORLDS !

Sorry for my bad english, If you have any question, I will be glad to answer them.

Btw: Your captcha are something !

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
safarir said:
Hi Guys,

My name is Charles and I am the guy who created this hat. I found your website while looking at the stats of my video. Awesome forum btw, I am also a christmas light freak, I will try to find a video of my house and post it !

Soo just for you, here is another video:

Top Hat, HELLO WORLDS !

Sorry for my bad english, If you have any question, I will be glad to answer them.

Btw: Your captcha are something !

Welcome to ACL.
Do you have any details on the build, I love the hat.

What battery power source did you use and how long did it run on those batteries

Thanks

ron d

Apprentice elf
That was very cool. Great job! Look forward to see what you have done with christmas lights and im sure a few guys here are thinking what we can do with our own hats!

bdeditch

Full time elf
I would love to see how it is built as well. Would like to make some for my Grandchildren when they are outside with me during the lighting season.

safarir

New elf
Hi,

I still working on translating my website, but essentialy, is some rgb led strip controlled by a cortex m3 microcontroller. The battery is 2 5700mah cell connected in parallel, it give me around 8hours of battery life. Enough for some crazy night !

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
safarir said:
Hi,

I still working on translating my website, but essentialy, is some rgb led strip controlled by a cortex m3 microcontroller. The battery is 2 5700mah cell connected in parallel, it give me around 8hours of battery life. Enough for some crazy night !

I look forward to the translated web site, i could see me wearing a hat like this whilst collecting donations :D