1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Custom palette

Discussion in 'xLights (Nutcracker)' started by bdecosse, May 2, 2015.

1. bdecosse

bdecosse New Elf

Folks can i create a custom colour palette within xlights and keep it , if its one of the tutorial videos and i missed it can you point me in the correct direction.

Bdecosse

2. smeighan

smeighan Dedicated Elf

just click on any of the six colors and modiify it. You can have any unique 6 colors for each effect layer in your sequence. this info is stored with your sequence.

you can also build a color palette with unique colors, maybe call it Hallowwen. You can then load these 6 colors to use when creating effects.

I have a number of palettes I use.

Summary:

any of teh 6 colors on an effect can be changed. This info is tored in your sequence xml file.

You can multiple palettes. This info is stored in your xlights_rgbeffects.xml file (along with your models), as this is considered global data.

3. OP
    OP
    bdecosse

bdecosse New Elf

Thanks Sean, I'd missed the fact that palette was associated with the layer, I still don't see how to save a palette, I think i have skipped a class.

4. jeffl

jeffl New Elf

Anyone ever figure out how to create a custom palette or if there are any videos to show how to do it?

5. OP
    OP
    bdecosse

bdecosse New Elf

nah I stopped asking as I could see the software was moving fast.
    I started to review the videos from the expo during last week to see if i could pick up on some tricks, still impressed but not committed to doing my final sequencing until I find out how to keep the pallet settings across effects and sequences.