Custom palette

bdecosse

New elf
Folks can i create a custom colour palette within xlights and keep it , if its one of the tutorial videos and i missed it can you point me in the correct direction.

Bdecosse

smeighan

Dedicated elf
just click on any of the six colors and modiify it. You can have any unique 6 colors for each effect layer in your sequence. this info is stored with your sequence.

you can also build a color palette with unique colors, maybe call it Hallowwen. You can then load these 6 colors to use when creating effects.

I have a number of palettes I use.

Summary:

any of teh 6 colors on an effect can be changed. This info is tored in your sequence xml file.

You can multiple palettes. This info is stored in your xlights_rgbeffects.xml file (along with your models), as this is considered global data.

bdecosse

New elf
Thanks Sean, I'd missed the fact that palette was associated with the layer, I still don't see how to save a palette, I think i have skipped a class.

jeffl

New elf
Anyone ever figure out how to create a custom palette or if there are any videos to show how to do it?

bdecosse

New elf
nah I stopped asking as I could see the software was moving fast.
I started to review the videos from the expo during last week to see if i could pick up on some tricks, still impressed but not committed to doing my final sequencing until I find out how to keep the pallet settings across effects and sequences.