da_dmx and da_e131. the best test apps out there

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
About a month ago I was talking to David_AVD about some stuff with da_dmx that I was hoping he could change to allow me to do some testing. As he's a legend he dived in the deep end and made changes for me. Not only that he made some pretty extensive changes to da_dmx. David would make changes and I was testing them on a couple of dongles and a couple of boards. Over 2 days he made maybe a dozen revisions he released to me for testing and I let him know the results. As of Saturday evening David now has the latest version available on da_share. The versions have now jumped from 1.5.3 to 2.0.
Changes made include
-the open and close port (to start streaming data) has changed from a radio button on the settings page to the top of the main screen
-the universe data is now called "view channels" and this is now a lot faster at rendering
-if the start address is set at a non zero value so that the data isn't dmx dimmer data then the start code box lights up yellow
-the frame delay is now fairly accurate in what you set it to. Previously it was kind of the delay between 1 packet finishing and the next starting but it was affected by viewing the universe data/channels. This means that at the minimum delay the number of packets per second increases from about 20 to 40.
-if viewing the universe data/channels the start channel shows up yellow if non zero and if you limit the number of channels being sent by ticking the "limit length" check box then the length will also be highlighted in yellow.
-Toggle on and off buttons are added below the sliders on the RGB tab.
-The 20mS chase time on the chaser tab was increased to 30mS as 20mS was unrealistic

da_dmx is still free and David does still take donations via his donate thingy on da_share if anyone else wants to donate to his blinky lights fund.