da_Sound: Command line driven audio player

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I've created an application that plays audio files using command line parameters. "That's not very novel" I hear you say! But... da_Sound is more than your average audio player. Basically, it has a list of audio files, each with a description and file name along with individual settings for volume, pan (balance), pitch (speed), loop and output.

Each sound can be played, paused, resumed and stopped independently. This allows you to have (for example) background tracks that loop by themselves, as well as "Spot FX" sounds. You can have many overlapping sounds - perfect for Halloween, or perhaps a unique Christmas display.

The current beta download only offers manual operation. I will be uploading a new version soon that can be controlled via command line parameters. You'll be able to play, pause, resume and stop specific audio tracks by simply calling the program with arguments. For example, da_Sound "play" 5" will start playback (or resume if paused) of the 5th sound in the list.

da_Sound is hosted on the AVD web site here along with my other freeware offerings.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Version 0.9.3.0 is now available. The program now accepts command line parameters for basic sound playback. Check the readme file for usage details.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Version 1.0.0.0 is now available.
  • New: Stop All button to stop all currently playing / paused sounds
  • New: Window position and size now saved in settings file
  • New: Help file in chm and pdf formats
  • Improved: Now supports wav, mp3, wma, ogg & aiff formats
  • Improved: Inserting a new item in list prompts for audio file
  • Changed: Audio file selection by double clicking grid instead of ... button

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I must admit i havent had time to play with this software due to impending dead lines, but i definetly look forward to playing with it when time frees up. Great work there David