Decrease intensity of whole show

yzguy96

Full time elf
Hi,

Is there an easy way to change the intensity of the whole sequence all at once in LOR? Seems like when i run on high intensity 100% it introduces either power issues or something cause it flickers and sometimes colors are off especially on white...if i can decrease the intensity i think it would eliminate most of the noise.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I don't think it's possible to do that on a sequence basis but at least on the lor AC boards under the hardware utility it is possible to fiddle with maximum values.
What boards are you using?

yzguy96

Full time elf
These are rgb strips... I set the intensity down to 30% for white in lor and it wasn't as bright so I think it worked a little better.

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Driver said:
I just mounted most of my RGB strip upside down - and it still looks quite bright!

Are you crazy!?!?! Brighter is better..... or am I the crazy one?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
yzguy96 said:
These are rgb strips... I set the intensity down to 30% for white in lor and it wasn't as bright so I think it worked a little better.

Sounds to me you may have voltage drop issues that are causing your flickering at higher intensities.

yzguy96

Full time elf
Yeah its only when its white at full strength. I tested each cable but not everything all hooked up at once. Next year I need to revisit my cabling strategy. I did split the power to each window and roofline and was measuring 12 volts. I'm running two 350 w power supplies from ray wu.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
yzguy96 said:
Yeah its only when its white at full strength. I tested each cable but not everything all hooked up at once. Next year I need to revisit my cabling strategy. I did split the power to each window and roofline and was measuring 12 volts. I'm running two 350 w power supplies from ray wu.

the distance form the power supply will also cause voltage drop as each cable has a resistance which then causes voltage loss. So the size wire, the load and the distance from the power supply will determine the voltage drop you may be seeing

Refer to the ACL 101 manual in the power section of the manual on pages 43 and 44 to work out your voltage drop

Ozemate

New elf
What is the ? Wire gauge , run from controller to first Led , length and number of leds , voltage of strips

yzguy96

Full time elf
I used one of the heavy outdoor extension cables.. I think its 14 gauge. I cut it down to 15 ft with a null pixel in between. Each window is about 120 pixels and 12v ray wu 2811. I have six of those next to each other and a 25 ft roofline on one power supply. Then 3 windows of145 pixels and a 18ft roofline on aanother power supply.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Kaden said:
Driver said:
I just mounted most of my RGB strip upside down - and it still looks quite bright!

Are you crazy!?!?! Brighter is better..... or am I the crazy one?
Nah my street is quite narrow - only 2 cars wide - ~450-500sqm blocks, so everyone has small frontyards

Just the roofline was enough to colour wash the 5 nearest houses opposite mine :eek:

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Hmmm maybe you should think about using hls next year, it has master and sub master dimming controls.