Answered Different WS2811 PCB Strips

Uzza

New elf
Hi Guys,

Been a long time since I posted anything, hope you guys are getting your setups done.

In the past I have used the WS2811 addressable LED strip from the same supplier which gave me the strips that give you the wiring order of
12V
GND
Data
This year I had to change where I got them from and the strips are still WS2811 ICs but the wiring order is
12V
Data
GND

On the original strips when we powered the LEDs on with no data, all the lights would turn on White.
With these new PCBs we powered them on last night with no data and none of the LEDs turned on. We have 12Vs everywhere and there are no issues, as we are now wiring up the controllers can anyone tell me if they have seen this and if there are any other differences we should be aware of in terms of functionality. Just being cautious in case we are wasting our time or if there are any other faults I'm unaware of.

Cheers

Uzza

New elf
Thanks Bumpy,

That's what I thought but you put my mind at ease so I'll get the controllers wired up. Would like to know if anyone knows the circuit reason for this (ie how the pcb layouts differ) just for curiosity sake.

Thanks again

Swapnil vader

New elf
I am doing program for WS 2811.
But there are some problems like as my first pixel is not operating as program. It glows white continuously.
And another problem is I cannot get black colour. For black my pixel must be off but it is dim white.
What should I do please reply.