DMX Addressing Software for the $6 controller

Chal

New elf
Hello,

I don't want to necro the original post, so I'll post a new topic. I did a search of the web over the past 3 days but came up empty. As I'm new here, I figured it would be best to ask the experts.

Does anyone have a lead on a non-holidaycoro method to program addresses for V1/V2 of the sealed 3-channel DMX controllers from Ray Wu?

I understand dmoore at holidaycoro includes an app with the purchase of a USB->RS485->Cat5 adapter, but he doesn't ship outside of the US.

These controllers are especially attractive because of their form factor, so I'm reluctant to move to a dip-switch model. And as this is a small project I'd rather not spend $76 (shipped) on a single-use addressing tool.

If there's a holidaycoro alternative, I'd love to hear about it.

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Maybe someone nearby you has a programmer they will lend you?

If anyone near the Gold Coast needs a programmer I have one to lend :)

Chal

New elf
Thanks all for your help, but Holidaycoro doesn't ship outside of the US. That's why I'm looking for an alternative.

Kev, how did you get yours from the states?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Unlike the other posters I noted that. It's possible that dmoore will ship the programmer to Canada but he doesn't ship his coro products. It'd be worth giving it a try even if you have to buy a couple of the 3 channel boards off him to make it worthwhile.

jonwally

New elf
Hey everyone. Im in the same boat as Chal. I found a program from CheapDMX.com but the site is down right now and the program does not seem to work. Any help would be great but might just have to bite the bullet and use a reshipper to get a HolidayCoro programmer. Seems David has the market cornered here right now.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
jonwally said:
Hey everyone. Im in the same boat as Chal. I found a program from CheapDMX.com but the site is down right now and the program does not seem to work. Any help would be great but might just have to bite the bullet and use a reshipper to get a HolidayCoro programmer. Seems David has the market cornered here right now.

I reakon Ray Wu will be able to get you this as they originally came from Ray Wu in the first place. Worth asking anyway