DMX Box Appearing over the contoller name

Jimbo

Full time elf
Tried changing the colour, didn't do anything.

It is Intel(R) Q44/Q43 xpress chipset.

I just updated the driver to the latest version.

Not sure how this is a display issue. This is a definite icon that appears on the main interface.

I am a bit disapointed that this is happening. I have to use Light show pro this year as I am running video with the display and this is the only software that meets this requirement.

Even adding extra spaces etc in front of the names doesn't help. Yes I can see the name etc, but when you click on this its hard to see the indivial parameters.

All my font settings are set to 100%.

And I have no gurantee that if I get a new computer that this won't be an issue if no one can tell me what the cause is.

arw01

Full time elf
I don't have the issue and also have intel chipset.

What is the video say when you do this from the intel site:

• Right-click the Desktop and choose Properties.
    • Click the Settings tab.
    • Click Advanced.
    • Click the Adapter tab. The graphics controller is listed in the Adapter Type section.

nutz4lights

Full time elf
I had the same issue, upgraded drivers and all the other recommendations, nothing. Changed to Windows 7 from Vista and whoila, no more stupid box. I'm guessing that XP is the issue for you.

arw01

Full time elf
XP support ending, good time to make the move. Up your ram if the machine can handle it too, buy the good stuff, Tiger Direct, Newegg..

Rant on Why do we still have virtual memory required? I have 16 gigs on the show computer, it don't need no virtual memory! Rant off

mmulvenna

Apprentice elf
The cause for this bug has not been discovered. It happens on XP, VISTA, and WIn 7. It occurred some where in 2.5. For some unknown reason it does not affect everyone. The developers have indicated that it will be corrected in the rewrite.