Dmx output not working?

kane

Dedicated elf
David_AVD said:
I don't quite understand why taking the damaged Tiger board out made a difference to the rest of the system, but I now recall another person (or two) saying something similar last season.

I actually had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago where a couple Rita27Ch boards were getting some random flicker - I isolated it to one of my other 27Ch boards - as soon as I disconnected it, the flickering went away.. Luckily had a spare, so just swapped it out, and all good now.. I'm guessing the lack of isolation on the DMX ports is how they affected each other?

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Yeah, the isolated DMX input is the ultimate solution, but just not sure why a bad channel on the T48 would cause issues with the rest of the system. Maybe it's more of a T48 issue in general, not just when it has bad channels?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
One of my flickering issues last year was traced to a tiger 48 controller with a burnt out FET. I think it has something to do with the type of FET used which is a surface mount type and not like the traditional 3 pin FETs that are normally used.

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Still can't seem to get LSP to output to DMX . . . . this is even starting from scratch with a sequence that's just DMX and tried on 2 different computers (my show comp and lappy). Would uninstall/reinstall help?