DMX -> RF Mains Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I received my Doss (model MRC03) 3 packs of remote mains switches from Rockby Electronics today.

33774451.jpg

First thing to note is the remote does not come with the required "23A" 12V battery.

A quick test along side the Altronics / Jackson ones shows that they are not compatible. Interestingly, the Doss units are marked "433.05 - 434.79 MHz", not 433.92MHz like the others.

The remote has 4 pairs of on / off buttons and each main switch has a slide switch to select one of 4 channels. Range seems good. I installed the battery in the remote (and pressed the 1 ON button) while I was downstairs and saw that the switch I'd already plugged in upstairs was on when I got back.

I'll do some 'net searching and see if someone's already decoded the data for these. If not I'll have to either break out an RF receiver and capture the signal, or perhaps open the remote up to see what chip it uses.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
I cracked the remote transmitter open and it uses a 2262 type encoder chip like the other brands.

The coding address range and data rate is different to the others. It took a bit of fiddling to get my code working for these units, but I did it ! :)

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
The microcontroller code for this project is 95% complete.

I have implemented the DMX channels as pairs per remote switch channel:

DMX channel 1 = Remote switch 1 ON
DMX channel 2 = Remote switch 1 OFF
DMX channel 3 = Remote switch 2 ON
DMX channel 4 = Remote switch 2 OFF
DMX channel 5 = Remote switch 3 ON
DMX channel 6 = Remote switch 3 OFF
DMX channel 7 = Remote switch 4 ON
DMX channel 8 = Remote switch 4 OFF

When a DMX channel goes above halfway, it turns the corresponding remote mains switch ON or OFF. Once the DMX channel is above halfway, it must be brought down and back up to re-trigger the ON or OFF function.

If the DMX signal is lost for more than 4 minutes, OFF commands are send to all remote switches.

I guess some logic needs to be added in case the ON and OFF channels are brought up at the same time. Which takes precedence?

Status
Not open for further replies.