Dmx rgb flex strip .

angus40

Senior elf
This may be the future of rgb strip and at a lower cost . It can be connected directly to a dmx controller.

1) Input Voltage: DC12V
2) Work Power: 38W
3) Work Current: 3.16A
4) LED Type: SMD5050
5) LED quantity: 30leds/M
6) Work temperature: -20+60
7) Viewing Angle: 120degree
8) Life Span: 50,000hours
9) Package: 5meters/reel
10) Waterproof IP Rank: IP67
11) Sizes: 5000mm*17mm*3.6mm
12) LED Color: RGB Rainbow,dream color

Main Features:
1. DMX LED Flexble Strips can receive DMX512 international agreement article control.
2, DMX LED Flexble Strips meter for each article 30 channels, the order for R1G1B1-R2G2B2-R3G3B3-..... . RnGnBn 3.DMX led Flexble strips can be realized by the controller article unreal colour effect.
4. DMX led Flexble strips address for automatic coding article.
In order to effectively prevent because the voltage difference between the article lamp, and cause of the article lamp brightness difference. Our products used for 15 mm FPC width

Installation Notice:
1. in installation please note that led strips the article input and output port
2. when a current in please make sure the input voltage for the article lamp whether DC12V
3. the outdoor when using note, the led strips of article exterior waterproofing if there is any breakage.
4. if the product length needs to change, please in the main light input and add the article input decoder.

Advantage:

This products can be compatible with DMX512 international agreement, realizing DMX512 control. Compared with other dream strips, this can save the DMX-SPI controller, enhancing the reliability of the product, reducing the cost. The future DMX512 illusion article lights will replace SPI dream of market article colored lights

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Got a link for it Angus?

I wonder what colour Rn is the abbreviation for :)

angus40 said:
2, DMX LED Flexble Strips meter for each article 30 channels, the order for R1G1B1-R2G2B2-R3G3B3-..... . RnGnBn

angus40

Senior elf
http://clenled.en.alibaba.com/product/528808285-209818705/DMX512_led_strip_addressable.html

Ray wu carries it also , he is asking 66$ for 5m .

The trouble is we need dmx controllers that are able to address high channel counts .

Ray posted a link to a usb dmx controller in the chat but i did not save it :( it was a sun *** something or other )

and appeared to only be 1 universe capable .

Either way i thought i would post this just FYI .

Cheers
Richard

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
angus40 said:
The trouble is we need dmx controllers that are able to address high channel counts.

Not really sure what you mean by that. The DMX512 standard is inherently 512 channels maximum, hence the "512" in the name.

angus40

Senior elf
Sorry for not being clear , a dmx controller that is more than 4 universes would be great :)

maybe 8 or 12 . or designs in all ranges from 1 - 12 that are e1.31 compatible like the dr4 or rpm's e1.31 to dmx.

Richard

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Ah, I see. DMX doesn't make a lot of sense for high channel counts.

That's why SPI (not DMX) style pixel strings and strips are so popular.

angus40

Senior elf
Judging by what the manufacture was saying is that dmx is better -cheaper and more reliable than the current

strip.

I like the idea of longer runs and distances between pixels with dmx .

for matrix and mega trees etc it might not be an issue but with strips outlining your house and rooftop dmx sounds good .

I will buy a roll to test and compare .

angus40

Senior elf
just set your channel order in your sequencer for each universe as per your layout .

DanHouston

New elf
Hmmm....so the strip itself speaks DMX....interesting.

Looks like it is 3 LEDs per IC, so on a 5 meter strip you'd have 150 channels?

So, is there a controller in this case or you just blast DMX out to the strip? When I think of a DMX controller I think of something that accepts DMX and then controls something on the other side.

I do have the same question about a start address (again assuming the stip itself talks DMX).

angus40

Senior elf
The dr4 or rpm'd e1.31 would be candidates to control these strips .

Ray Wu posted a link to a usb dmx controller for these strips when i was in chat with him last eve .

I stupidly did not save the link as my thoughts were st using any usb dongles .

I prefer to use e1.31 for my complete show .

Again i posted this as an Fyi as its new to me and i do not see any info on these here or at diyc .

Something new for us to explore , who knows maybe they will surprise us .

Regards
Richard

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
DMX strips have been available for some time but were generally aimed at the professional market with expensive price tags. They definetly have now come down in price.

But i see no advantage to these over the current SPI communication used with pixels. The issue is that DMX is bound by 512 channels so for the strip discussed that would mean only 3 strips per output to make up a full universe. Now with the implementation of the new P2 series of J1SYS controllers the limitation of having 1 universe per output has been lifted, you can now have up to 4 universe (12 strips) connected together from one output. So a DMX strip would not be able to take advantage of this ability.

You will still need a DMX dongle or E1.31 to DMX bridge to drive this strip so as far as the control side of things, there doesnt seem to be any advantage in functionality or cost.

But its nice to see another alternative available that may be suitable for some users.

angus40

Senior elf
Maybe Ed - j1sy will expand his complement of controllers to address the dmx strip.

As i dig into this it appeares that manufactures are moving in this direction.

unless i am mis interpreting what these manufacturers are telling me .

They seem to be recommending dmx strip over the 2801 and the 3001 .

A particular ic that was recommended is the 9221 and the #1 recommended strip is a 2 month order delay without a specific ic mentioned .
though it seems there is a shortage of it as they said it would take 1-2 months for a 25 meter order.

I was thinking they must be gold conductor instead of copper lol j/k

i guess we shall see what happens in the months to come , however don't be surprised if dmx becomes the norm as it might be the cheaper choice .

end rant.
Cheers

angus40

Senior elf
I believe they are similar as they were prefixed MY-9921

A site called
www.ledwalker.com

is designing these they boast quality ( like most others ) but 1 thing i have found in chatting with several manufacturers is they all suggest dmx over SPI