DMX2-18 help please for noob :)

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
How do I set the 9 x 2 channel props within the custom grid?
Give me a hoy tomorrow afternoon if you're free and I can talk you through the process on zoom or teamviewer. My number is on emails and in manuals.

AAH

Problem solved after a call and a bit of Zooming. Turns out the big issue was that when Hanson Electronics is chosen as the vendor the option to configure the open dmx dongle disappears. Went back to no vendor, selected Open DMX and Bob's your uncle.

AAH

I will change all the Hanson boards to be Opendmx in .46
I am yet to use any of the upload features from xlights as I'm still on last years model and I just stick with what I know mainly. I'm not sure if the dmx boards should even be on the controller upload thing. Locking into open dmx could also cause other issues if someone was using a dmx pro dongle. I'm also unsure if the dmx boards appear under the e1.31 menu as you can potentially run them from an e1.31 pixel controller. Sometime I'll have to get 2020.x installed and have an experiment and also shot you info on all my boards. Sadly I've had a lot less time under lockdown than out of it.

dannyWA123

New elf
Had another play on Sunday and wired in 9 sets of lights, all working well now. Downloaded the QMV's also and will start working on sequencing now. Looks like I'm over the top of the hill and heading down the other side now. Thanks again Alan for all your time and help over the weekend, couldn't have done it with out you .

Reactions: AAH