DMX2-24

Erin236

New elf
Could I please get some help with setting up the DMX2-24?
I have it functioning and working in test mode but I have a few queries I need a bit more clarification on.
I have it connected through the DMX port 3 of a falcon F16v3. I assume I don’t add the controller as it’s own set up in the controllers tab of Xlights.
I’m unsure of what I need to do with the dip switch and what to have it set too?
In the visualiser I added the DMX general to Serial port 3, can I still have the Dmx channel start at 1?
I would like to be able to use 2 wire lights to flash to the beat of music, any recommendations on the best way to do this?
Sorry for all the questions. Any advice, is greatly appreciated

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights

i13

Dedicated elf
You're correct that you don't add a DMX controller in the Controllers tab within xLights. DMX controllers don't have a presence on the network.

The start channel can be 1 regardless of which DMX port you use on the Falcon. Additionally, the DMX controller itself should be set to start at channel 1 if you want it to respond to the first channels on the universe that is being used for DMX.

With traditional LED strings, be careful not to exceed the voltage that corresponds to the correct current flow.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Post screenshots of prop setup in xlights and your dmx setup in the Falcon if in doubt.
Using the Queen Mary Vamp plugins that can be downloaded at xlights.org give you lots of timing options like beats/bars/note ensets etc.