Do any freeware sequencers work with LOR?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
LOR controllers will work with any free software like vixen and HLS using the DMX output as the LOR controllers can use DMX input, so your choices of sequence programs can be anything as long as it supports the standard DMX protocol

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Pretty well every sequencer (except lower and older versions of LOR) will generate DMX either through a usb-dmx dongle or via an E1.31 to DMX (and possibly pixel) bridge. As long as the LOR boards have late (latish) firmware in them they will run in dmx mode so all that would be required is to put in a crossover board or cable as most dmx outputs use the ESTA pinout rather than LOR.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Options that I can think of easily are
USB-DMX dongle
Advatek Pixlite 16 -E1.31 to 16 pixel outputs and 4 DMX outputs
J1Sys D2 - E1.31 to 2 DMX outputs
J1Sys P12 - E1.31 to 12 pixel outputs and 1 DMX output

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
I think the advatek pixlite 4 has 4 pixel outputs and 1 dmx output as well. Bit cheaper than the 16 if that's all you needed.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
If you are only wanting to use your LOR controllers in DMX and not using any pixels then give your LOR dongle a try using DMX. The LOR dongle is compatible as an open DMX dongle.
If you want to use pixels as well then the choices already mentioned will do what you want as those controller also have a DMX output.

davrus

Silent elf
Just remember - one dongle will give you one universe, so max 510 channels (170 pixels).

If you want more than 510 then you need multiple dongles, or an E1.31 solution.