Don't think I'll ever get my sequences done in time ?!?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Always feel free to post a question or jump into chat if you are stuck and seek some assistance, the guys here are always willing to help where they can

Bird

LOR user
Wolfieee said:
It's been a fun journey so far and I learn something new about doing this everyday.

There ya go. Keep it fun.

This will be my 3rd year and I'm still learning stuff all the time.
There is no way I would have the time to do everything I want, so I focus on a new elememt or two each year.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
This is my first year and I'm keeping it simple. Mostly got a static display but I've got two controllers, one controlling 5 RGB mini Xmas trees and another to control a few strip lights etc. We decorate the house and garden and people wander onto the property to get in amongst the lights as we are behind a brick fence. I'm just picking one area of the display to animate with the rest staying static. Now onto sequencing my second song but it's made it a lot more simple by just having a small number of objects/lights to sequence. Theres a bit of a learning curve and I didn't want to be overwhelmed and end up getting turned off the whole experience. Won't look anything like the displays you see on YouTube but its a start and I'm hoping people will enjoy it anyway. I'm certainly having fun.
Just ran my first song sequence in the garage hooked up to the RGB Xmas trees and I was wrapped with the results.

penguineer

Full time elf
Also my first year with animated lights - last year I had many of the pieces but lack of time forced me to revert to a static display with the basic blinky controllers on the strings. Interestingly, the new lights and a new layout "freshened" my display a bit so all was not lost.

This year, it's happening.

Amazingly I think I'm stuck in a bit of an unreal mindset where I feel I can get more done than planned, even though I haven't finished my build and only really started playing with sequencing.

A couple of things though:
- the "lost year" gave me time to get my ideas on what I want done sorted out and the concepts involved

- I'm only doing light strings, so my channel count is reasonable

- I have set a limit on what I want to achieve, this is flexible, but if something new gets added I reconsider what I may have to remove. eg I have added another display element, but my megatree is now less grand.

- I'm not working on a whole display; just parts of it at any one time. This results in small goals, small set achievements and a sense of progress.

- Even though I may not be finished by "lights on" I can continue sequencing and extending the show all the way through.

I think the way to sequence five songs is to start by sequencing one song, and then progress to the next, by which time I should understand the software better which means I may even accelerate progress a little.

Cheers!