Drawing Channel images

Baf05

Full time elf
When you draw you channel , can you open the first controller by clinking draw channel image, to open the visualiser, then draw the images for each controller one after the other?

Or do you need to draw each one by opening each controller and clicking draw channel image?

arw01

Full time elf
You need to draw each controller separately. And unless you are doing light controllers with single channels, you want to NOT expand the controller and you want to draw controller image for your rgb controllers.

But once you draw them, set them up with the channels. Right click the controller again and choose to add it to the library. Then when you drag it out, the image will come into the new sequence and all the channels you assigned as well.

now I wish layers could be docked into the library too.

Alan

arw01

Full time elf
I learned on the facebook group, that if you load controllers from an existing sequence, it will bring over the layers too!

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
All your previously built layers will appear in your new sequences along with all your controllers when you select "load Default controllers from " when you start a new sequence.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
oops just wrote that while you were there finding that out.

dale82

Senior elf
That is the way I do it as well Steve, I have created a sequence that I use as a default. I find this a lot easier.

ron d

Apprentice elf
Unsure I follow but this is how I draw say a 2D tree

12 strands/strips for example

I create 12 controllers and confighre each (I make the first and create it as a controller and just drag in and reassign starting channel)

Once all 12 are complete draw the images in the first controller and draw the entire tree as one.

I saw a lot of people draw some stuff as individual lines but in many cases LSP will manage it for you. Test it on say two controllers first or save a backup so you do not need to delete each controllers drawn images. But you can easily draw over multiple controllers as one element as a 2d or 3d tree or matrix.