Drawing in a Mega tree in Virtualizer

Porsche

Full time elf
Im trying to draw a 32 string (1 Channel per 2 strings, the string will go up the tree and then down making the 1 channel over 2 strings) Mega tree in the virtualizer from a controller that I have dropped in with 16 channels.
Can someone please step me through the process.

Ive been drawing the image with the tree matrix, choosing yes to "split item across multiple channels", then choosing "single pixel per channel section", then in the tree split options screen "channels per string" I type in 1, and then "number of Strings" I choose 16.
Then it says "the matrix was saved as Tree matrix 2013-1-20.

But then the tree disappears from the virtualizer. Where are these matrix maps saved??
or am I drawing this tree the wrong way??

Cheers
Phil

NeilKellie

Be gentle we're only little!!!
Yea I just figured this one out too.. How many Pixels are you running up each string for example my tree is 65 pixels up 65 pixels down on one string so a total of 130 pixels on one channel of the controller (or one universe) so in my mega tree options I put 65 for the first box for "channels per string" then 44 for the "number of strings" as I am doing 22 universes (or channels) hope this makes sense.

Neil

kane

Dedicated elf
Porsche said:
Im trying to draw a 32 string (1 Channel per 2 strings, the string will go up the tree and then down making the 1 channel over 2 strings) Mega tree in the virtualizer from a controller that I have dropped in with 16 channels.
Can someone please step me through the process.

Ive been drawing the image with the tree matrix, choosing yes to "split item across multiple channels", then choosing "single pixel per channel section", then in the tree split options screen "channels per string" I type in 1, and then "number of Strings" I choose 16.
Then it says "the matrix was saved as Tree matrix 2013-1-20.

But then the tree disappears from the virtualizer. Where are these matrix maps saved??
or am I drawing this tree the wrong way??

Cheers
Phil
Hey Phil - best way to test it is to do a quick test sequence and chase the 16 channels, and check out the virtualiser - without thinking about it too much, I think you've done it correctly

fyb2000

New elf
I think you did it correctly and once some effects are attached to the tree, the lights will show up correctly in the virtualizer.
Also, there is an option in the option screen, that either draw the lights in the virtualizer in a grey shade when no effects are attached to them. If you have that turned off, the 'bulbs' will not show up in the virtualizer unless an effect is playing on it (at the time you are looking)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
fyb2000 said:
I think you did it correctly and once some effects are attached to the tree, the lights will show up correctly in the virtualizer.
Also, there is an option in the option screen, that either draw the lights in the virtualizer in a grey shade when no effects are attached to them. If you have that turned off, the 'bulbs' will not show up in the virtualizer unless an effect is playing on it (at the time you are looking)

100% correct and i dare say thats what the OPs issues is.