dumb question time

OK this might sound daft or I'm just confusing myself but in which order do you add the lights? For example do I put channels 1-20 Wichita go from left to right of the house or do I put channel 1-6 going up to the roof and down again?

Thanks guys ???
Nick

ShellNZ

Senior elf
I just add the channels however I connect them up to controllers, and thats fairly random really.

For me it depends on where the controller is I guess, e.g Ch1-48 is all around the patio area.

Not sure if this makes sense lol

it does... if i connect them up randomly how would i sequence a wave? lets say ch1-18 on the front of the house and ch19-36 on the roof. im having probs getting the wave to look ....smooth?

P.S thanks for being up so early on a sunday...LOL

Nick

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
You can assign the channel numbers any way you want in LSP as far as I know. They don't have to be in order 1..20 down the screen for example.

ok i think im just going to do that.......number them as i go and see if i can get the smooooooth look.

Thanks David ...as always.

nick

burner

Full time elf
Lsp works really well when you place all your lights on your house using the drawing program. From there it will work out the waves, macro effects etc. based on the location of ALL your light elements on there.

In my case, I drew everything on paper and tried to maximize each universe on the p12r to get close to 170 pixels, and to also use the least amount of cabling length between each element. I put tails on each element, and then made up the cable lengths between each element and put tails on them too, so the can be quick connected and replaced if necessary. Make sure you are wiring your rgb strings in their correct location, and standardize your tails. In my case I use male ends for all start of strings, and then female ends for end of strings.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I always have my lights connected closest to the the controller end due to power and data distance limitations. So you need to know your hardware layout first. Then i draw these in LSP starting the drawing from the side that will be channel 1