E1.31 Bridge, E682, LOR

dfullerptown

New elf
So we are new to the pixel world and seem to have hit a wall. Hoping someone can help us break through
We would like to run Sandevice E682 to 16 strings of 50 pixels ws2811 we use LOR now and have tried many different setups with no success.

We have a E1.31 to DMX bridge as well as the Holidaycoro Actidongle/Entec Pro
We are able to see both the bridge and E682 through their respective IP address's and can run strings thru them

We have built DMX channels (watching every video) thru LOR S4
in network settings set up the E131 bridge and then assigned the controller to universes (think out issue)

So question do we need the E1.31bridge to controller connection or can we use or ??????????to get the light to run thru LOR

What we want to do is build a 16 string pixel tree and run it thru LOR unless there is a better way??

Thanks
Dennis
SF CA

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I am hoping that you are plugging the E682 into an ethernet connection an not a dmx output like the e1.31 to dmx or entec pro.
For initial testing of things I would close down LOR completely (especially control panel) and use da_e131 from http://www.da-share.com/software/da_e131/ to send data at the E682 to run the pixels. Once you have the E682 configured correctly and the pixels doing what they are meant to then go back to LOR.
In LOR you will need the channel configured as dmx channels and in the network setup the dmx universes configured as E1.31 and pointing to the right IP. If you have channels with no valid target (eg universe 99, channel 86) and nothing assigned for that universe in the network configuration then the sequencer will untick "control lights" every time you attempt to output data to the lights.

dfullerptown

New elf
First thanks for the help
We have tested both of the E682 boards directly connecting thru the Ethernet and pixels work fine.....
Jim and Sandevice also pointed us to another program for testing and everything is ok.

My son and I built some channels in the LOR as dmx channels assigning them universe 1 after watching the video tutorials plugged in three strings to the board.
Question would be would we not need the bridge or one of the adapters (holiday Coro, E1.31 bridge thru the LOR to run the E682.)
This might be our issue.
We have the IP addresses listed in the network setup for them but pixels stay off

Thanks
Dennis

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Is the control light thingy staying ticked?
There is also a verifier thingy built into LOR accessible via the control panel that might be worth running over your sequence.

dfullerptown

New elf
The control lights stay's on and the comm listener is connected.
We are going to try and redo our test dmx set up in LOR and connect the E682 direct when we get home from work

Thanks
Dennis

dfullerptown

New elf
Well it turned out to be the LOR software we had upgraded to S4 while in the process of trying all the
different fixes. When nothing worked we deleted LOR software from the laptop and then reinstalled everything
and now everything works.........Not sure this is a good thing its pretty crazy being able to control each pixel. Wondering how we can start changing out all our LED's

regards
dennis

Timmy

New elf
dfullerptown, My question is regarding the bridge... Did you have to have the bridge or did it work plugging it directly to the show computer? I also am running LOR and need to know if I need to purchase a bridge or if a direct connection worked.
Thanks in advance,
Timmy

Skunberg

Full time elf
The bridge is typically used for your ac controllers. It covers the ethernet signal from your PC into a DMX signal.
Rather than using a serial port.

Timmy

New elf
Thank you. I ran successful test strings last night. I hope to hook up to the pixel tree tonight and test it.