E1.31 record/playback device

heystew

New elf
I saw some talk long ago from various folks here and elsewhere about potential E1.31 record/playback devices. Has there been any talk of anything like this recently? Or a product on the market that I haven't stumbled across? I'm looking specifically for an E1.31 playback device that has scheduling functions and a way to load the sequence onto it(recording is one way). I want an embedded device that I can put in an enclosure and forget about it.
Thanks
Dave

JonB256

Full time elf
heystew said:
I saw some talk long ago from various folks here and elsewhere about potential E1.31 record/playback devices. Has there been any talk of anything like this recently? Or a product on the market that I haven't stumbled across? I'm looking specifically for an E1.31 playback device that has scheduling functions and a way to load the sequence onto it(recording is one way). I want an embedded device that I can put in an enclosure and forget about it.
Thanks
Dave

Dave, the "Conductor" board from RJ (at http://www.Diylightanimation.com) is the closest match I've seen to what you describe. Look in the Lynx Etherdongle topic and the Lynx Conductor subtopic.

There are probably others.

heystew

New elf
Thanks Jon,
Yes that is the type of device I'm looking for. Hoping to find one with e1.31 though. Thanks for the response.

dave

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer
we are working on new series of boards that will include some playing of programmed sequences, i.e. a standalone controller that will include microSD storage and E1.31 transmission. details still firming up but should have more info soon.

-ed

heystew

New elf
Thanks Ed,
I see that you've released some info on the X2a. One question, will you be able to drive external E1.31 devices as well, or is it limited to controlling only the board on which it is hosted?
thanks,
Dave

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer
it will be ABLE, just a question of software. first software will probably not use microSD at all. then generations will add features/uses.

-Ed