E1.31 running lor controllers

mborg10

Michael Borg
Ok little confused. This year I'm running pixels for the first time. I have a j1sys p2 and the new p12s. I'm not sure how I go about wiring my exist lor controllers up with these.

1. Can the connection come straight from the network switch. Does this require a special cable to be made/bought

2. Because the p12s has 2 dmx outputs. Can the lor controllers be fan from the p12s without a special cable, or special cable is still required.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
The P2 and P12 connect to the network switch via standard CAT5 cables. The LOR to P12 DMX connection needs either a special cable or an adapter with a standard cable. You can make the special cable yourself (details in the wiki) or I sell the APC745 adapter on the AVD web site.

shtonkalot

New elf
David_AVD said:
The LOR to P12 DMX connection needs either a special cable or an adapter with a standard cable.
David, my LOR DC board has 2 rj45 ports and is able to be operated in DMX mode via jumper settings. If it is in DMX mode should I be able to connect to the P12S RJ45 DMX ports via normal network cable?

Of course it would help if the DMX was working on the p12s... Or did that happen when I was asleep?

mborg10

Michael Borg
I actually haven't started playing with my p12s just my p2.

Does your dmx outputs work or you just weren't aware they existed.

shtonkalot

New elf
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Damicka10) said:
Does your dmx outputs work or you just weren't aware they existed.
The current firmware does not yet support them.

I'm quite keen to hook up a LOR CMB24D DC board to the P12s via the DMX interface on it.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Well hopefully they sort it out. I have 2 dc boards and an a. Board I would like to run with my pixels otherwise ill have a few holes in my display

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
The RJ45 connector on the LOR boards is not wired the same as the proper standard ones on my and J1 boards. LOR is the odd one out.

mborg10

Michael Borg
But if we get your adaptor we should be sweet in just using standard rj45 cable from p12s to lor controllers. As long as firmware is updated in time.

shtonkalot

New elf
David_AVD said:
The RJ45 connector on the LOR boards is not wired the same as the proper standard ones on my and J1 boards. LOR is the odd one out.
I'm not familiar with other LOR boards but my CMB24D has jumpers that reconfigure the output to the rj45 jack for standard DMX. I haven't tried it but it says it here. pdf link.

kane

Dedicated elf
shtonkalot said:
I'm not familiar with other LOR boards but my CMB24D has jumpers that reconfigure the output to the rj45 jack for standard DMX. I haven't tried it but it says it here. pdf link.

That's interesting LOR have done this with the CMD24D (their newest board).. Certainly a useful feature they've included.

But as far as I know, all of their other boards don't have this capability, so those will require a converter cable to go from "standard" dmx pinouts to the LOR pinouts..

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Oh, I didn't realise the jumpers on the new LOR boards were for changing the RJ45 pinout. If you have the new boards you won't need an adapter or special cable.