E1.31 to DMX Bridge Choices

kidcole

My 4th year. Added RGB Last year, Pixels this year
Has anyone summarized the E1.31 to DMX Bridges available? I will need one for this year's display and would be nice to know my choices.

Thanks !

Denny Cole
Cary, NC

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Currently choice is somewhat limited especially for a E1.31 to DMX bridge that is complete and not requiring assembly. The ECG-DR4 is excellent value at $135 for 4 DMX/Renard universe outputs and has proven to be rock solid so for many its hard to pass up the ECG-DR4

If your more inclined for a DIY option then there are some variations floating around at DIYC, Im unsure of the availablity and features of these.

kidcole

I appreciate the references. I like the ECG stuff and looked at the DR4. I also noticed there is a D4 for less money but it's ON HOLD for software problems. Is there a good reason for the DR4 over the D4 (assuming he figures out the software issue) ?

I have tried a couple times this year to get an answer from the RPM site. Everything shows out of stock and the owner does not answer emails. He has a 16 Channel DMX board that I was interested in, but he would not answer any business email.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
kidcole said:
I appreciate the references. I like the ECG stuff and looked at the DR4. I also noticed there is a D4 for less money but it's ON HOLD for software problems. Is there a good reason for the DR4 over the D4 (assuming he figures out the software issue) ?

I have tried a couple times this year to get an answer from the RPM site. Everything shows out of stock and the owner does not answer emails. He has a 16 Channel DMX board that I was interested in, but he would not answer any business email.

The D4 is basically the DR4 without the renard support and a slightly different board design, designed to be a cheaper option. Word is that work on fixing the sofware issue will commence soon.

kidcole

ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
The D4 is basically the DR4 without the Renard support and a slightly different board design, designed to be a cheaper option. Word is that work on fixing the software issue will commence soon.

I am considering a pair of Renard SS24s for an AC area of my display that needs a bunch of light load channels, rather than LOR. I was just planning to run them in DMX mode. Is there an advantage to running Renard with it's own control protocol or would it be the same if I used the D4 and ran the Renard in DMX mode? I hate to introduce a 4th control is I don't need it. I will already be running LOR, DMX and E.131.

cenote

Suburbs of Philadelphia
kidcole said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
The D4 is basically the DR4 without the Renard support and a slightly different board design, designed to be a cheaper option. Word is that work on fixing the software issue will commence soon.

I am considering a pair of Renard SS24s for an AC area of my display that needs a bunch of light load channels, rather than LOR. I was just planning to run them in DMX mode.

Planning on doing the same, I picked up 4 boards, hoping the DMX programing goes smoothly :)

dpitts

Apprentice elf
The only Renards I run in Renard mode is one in my yard and the controllers my neighbors use. I connect a RenW wireless transmitter to a Renard SS 24 in my yard so it needs to setup with Renard protocol and my neighbors each have RenW receivers driving their Renards ss 24's so theirs are also configured with Renard. So if you are not using Renard wireless RenW then I would stay all DMX.