E681 / Madrix / 3001

zman

Full time elf
I am using Madrix to talk to an E681. Below is my E681 set up and my Madrix set up. Basically I am looking to control 4 differnt pixel set ups on the 4 Universes. The reason is to show a pixel controller driving different pixels in a practical implementation at our CLAP meeting. The other reason is to show our attendees what the ramps look like in a side by side comparizon of the different 5-12bit pixels.
U1 = 2801 pixel Strip - U2= 6803 square pixel - U3= 2801 square Pixel - U4 = 3001 square pixel. I am only trying to drive 2 strings each of 50ct pixels, and the Strip is 160 pixels.
In testing the E681, all universes/pixels test fine.
When I drive the E681 via Madrix, U4 with the 3001's do not light at all. I think I read a post a while back about this but can't remember which forum and a search here turned up nothing.
I am not sure what could be causing this. Any ideas? Thanks.

Attachments

• E681_Setup.jpg
    E681_Setup.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Madrix Set up.jpg
    Madrix Set up.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 35

zman

Full time elf
I guess I forgot to add that the strings are plugged into 1-1 (strip) 2-1&2, 3-1&2, 4-1&2.

zman

Full time elf
Got it. I guess the WebUI still has hold of the controller after you exit the browser. Lot's to absorb for sure.

kane

Dedicated elf
zman said:
Got it. I guess the WebUI still has hold of the controller after you exit the browser. Lot's to absorb for sure.
Yes, the Web UI holds on to the 4th group of strings until it either times out, or you manually shut it down (just enter "quit 10" to quit in 10 seconds.

Got caught out by that a couple times myself

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
When i ran my display last year and powered up for the first minute of the show every evening my matrix would not have a section working until the E680 stopped the server and then processed the data for universe 4. Had me stumped at first until i realized what was going on.