East Coast storm

Habbosrus

Back again
Hope everybody on the NSW east coast stays safe. This storm is the worst encountered in many, many years. Torrential rain, sustained winds of over 125 km/h at Newcastle. Trees and power lines down everywhere. I made i to work (wish I hadn't) and it's one of a handful of places that still has power.
Stay safe everybody
I think the roof is starting to lift off he building!!!

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
Yikes sounds scary.... hope all are safe... and protect the blinky

Although we never see anything like that around here.... I can imagine the severity of it.

-blu

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I came home yesterday to a flooded backyard and a flooded bathroom, the Illawarra Highway is closed due to flooding and I had to drive around several fallen trees this morning.
Still raining here and really hasnt stopped since Sunday night

The rain is a few weeks late this year so I wonder if thats got something to do with the intensity of this rain event

Jim

New elf
pressure wise it's not quite, but last night it sure looked like one

Jim

Attachments

• East Coast Low Seal Rocks -cyclonic looking.png
    East Coast Low Seal Rocks -cyclonic looking.png
    347.1 KB · Views: 19

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
looking at the radar Maitland was getting hammered... the line is moving east to west so I can severe weather there for hours....with lots fo flooding

-Blu

Habbosrus

Back again
We're right in the firing line now! It's even got me a bit jittery and I don't scare too easily. The sound of the wind & rain is horrendous!
Hope everybody stays safe. This is a big one!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
What you are now getting is what we had yesterday, it sat over Albion Park for a few hours yesterday, its now moved north but we are still getting a lot of rain here.

I think all sports fields will be closed for the next 2 weeks at least after this amount of rain

Habbosrus

Back again
I just saw the roof off the building across the road go sailing down the street and slammed into a car & building.
This place is creaking and groaning like nothing else!
We have large trees swaying wildly only a couple of metres from the power cable coming into our building. I think we might lose power soon :-\ Trees are down everywhere
I really hope everyone stays safe. Be careful everyone