Easy Guide To Understanding the 44 Project and Resistor Value Calculator

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Guys, i have put together a 1 pager to help people understand the different uses of the 44 controller and the many ways it can be configured. It should go a long way to helping people understand the many different choices available with the 44 project

I have also added a resistor value calculator to help you work out the required resistor values needed to be used on the 44 boards based on the conditions you set.

If your not sure the 44 project is done by a member mrpackethead and all information and queries can be done through his web site at http://www.dec1.org/forums/index.php

Attachments

• Understanding the 44 Project V1.1.pdf
    104.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 44 Project Resistor Calculator v1.3.zip
    66.9 KB · Views: 30

TimW

Full time elf
Re: Easy Guide To Understanding the 44 Project

Thanks Eddy - you are the diagram king, once again!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

Updated to V1.1 in first post, small error pointed out

Nath_From_NT

Apprentice elf

Eddy, you're a champion. Non-electronic folk like me need pictures just like that!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I have now added a resistor value calculator that will help you work out the resistor values needed for the different LED configurations used on the project 44 boards, hope it helps

Attachments

66.9 KB · Views: 7

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Thanks heaps for this eddy,
Now i understand what i learned the other day + learn the stuff i dont know by changing figures
now im not scared about getting the 44CC version now
Great Work

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Eddy, sent you an updated version with the mods we spoke about last night.

For the rest of you, what it involves is:
Say the sheet tells you that you need a 2.15 ohm current setting resistor and you dont have one, and lets face it, other than MPH, most of us are not going to have that value!. Rather than panic, what it will allow you to do is enter the value you have which is closest and see what effect that has on forward, current and total current. It is up to you to then decide if you use that one - the sheet is not that smart, it just tells you the new calculated values :D

Also the same with the Voltage Matching resistor. The new update shows you the wattage required for this resistor, as well as allows you to select a value different to the "calculated" value in case you dont have one exactly as calculated. This then calculates the new voltage across the FET. This value should be as close to 2V as possible, but can be a little more, but this will increase the power dissipated in the FET within the chip. It also calculates the new power dissipation in the chip as well.

Both the resistors can be entered at once, so you can see the effect of altering both.

Once Eddy checks this, it should be online soon :)

mrpackethead

Full time elf
lithgowlights said:
Say the sheet tells you that you need a 2.15 ohm current setting resistor and you dont have one, and lets face it, other than MPH, most of us are not going to have that value!.

I dont' have every value in 1%.. Thats for sure.. you'd need about 1000 values to make a useful set!

Bet David_AVD does though

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Updated Project 44 Resistor Value Calculator to V1.3

New version to the 44 Project calculator, it is now Version 1.3

Attachments

66.9 KB · Views: 18

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator