Ebay lights

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Hard to say. Would be nice if they got the right picture for the strip they are supposedly selling. (One of the pix clearly shows non-RGB LEDs)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The most important thing is to ensure that these are common anode, a member over at LOR bought a few cheapos from Ebay not understanding the differences and has now ended up with lights that wont work as he has bought common cathode.

Price is great, i wonder what the qaulity will be like, only way to know is to purchase them after asking the vendor the question regarding if they are common anode or cathode.

grahami2006

Full time elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
The most important thing is to ensure that these are common anode, a member over at LOR bought a few cheapos from Ebay not understanding the differences and has now ended up with lights that wont work as he has bought common cathode.

Price is great, i wonder what the qaulity will be like, only way to know is to purchase them after asking the vendor the question regarding if they are common anode or cathode.
Thanks all. Eddy description says common anode connection.

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
You should make sure that you ask a lot of questions about any of the eBay listings for strips now days.
Someone on another forum who got one of these (from this seller) said that it ended up being the 3528 Leds and not very bright, so they were not impressed with the strip.
There are a lot of new sellers coming online on eBay with the RGB stuff and unfortunately many of them are not up on what they are selling.
So be sure to ask and request photos if you are planning on buying.
Just an FYI.

barbotte

Apprentice elf
wondering if there is a way to make sure they are 5050 when you look at them ??? does it said it anywhere on the strip ??
cheer

Ozemate

New elf
I have some of these strips they are 5050 but dumb they have the RGB all in the same casing 4 terminals " +" which is you common and then R G B