Ebay US110/240V AC

aaronwa

Apprentice elf
Hi Guys,

I will be investing a fair bit of $$ for my 2015 show. I am currently researching lights.

I know that lights from aliexpresss. ebay can be dodgy. I know the dangers with the 110/240V AC lights. My Questions;

1 ) : Based on http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-x-1-6m-Heart-Shape-Outdoor-Indoor-Landscape-Lighting-128-Bulbs-34-Hearts-RGB-LED/32229950240.html after the effects controller, will these lights still be running on 110/240V and therefor extremely dangerous to use? Or does the circuits covert to a lower voltage.

2 ) : Is there anyway these lights could have the plugs cut off, and work with a LOR DC controller at all?

ecbailey

Full time elf
Considering there isn't a transformer or similar but a little dodgy looking normal power plug I'd say probably not safe and can't be used with LOR DC.

Best bet would be to use some 5 or 12 volt RGB or pixel strings or strips and cut them to the lengths needed for the heart pattern yourself I think.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
These lights are cheap and nasty and its not a good combination using these outdoors and in rain, so as already said

AVOID AVOID AVOID