ECG-D2 issues

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
So today I finally plugged in my Dumb RGB strip into my new Ray Wu 27ch board and both work in test mode.
Then I connected that to my D2 (powered by a 5v plug pack) and the 2 lights on the board come to life. Plug in my Cat6 cables and I see the input on the D2 are flashing as I adjust RGB faders on the laptop. However no lights are on the RJ45 for either Universe 1 or 2 (no matter which side I plug into) Therefore, no signal seems to be getting to the 27ch board and therefore no lights :(

Please help, has anyone else experienced this or do I have a dodgy/faulty board? Any other tests to run to check where issue may lie?

gerry

Senior elf
Yep. I can well attest to that.
Also post what DIP settings u have on , on the 27ch board.
What software are u using to drive the lights ?
Try using DA_131 to test and set the start channel to 1 and end to 512 . If it lights up, then reduce the range .

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
YL - I think this where I've gone wrong - I haven't seen any settings etc on the laptop. Do I need to include this as a controller in Vixen, even though no lights are directly connected to it? Does it have it's own software controls outside of Vixen?

Ruprect - I thought we only tested the 27ch board and not the D2, as I didn't have a power supply for it? I could be mistaken.

Gerry - I have the 27ch board DIP switches set to 1, as this is the first board (after D2) in the chain with lights attached.

damo1271

Full time elf
djgra79 said:
Do I need to include this as a controller in Vixen, even though no lights are directly connected to it? Does it have it's own software controls outside of Vixen?

Yes, set up the D2 as a controller in Vixen. I use a D2 with (multiple) Renard controllers and in Vixen I simply set up the D2 in vixen as a controller and no need to set up the Renards.
I set up the D2 as two separate controllers, one for each port, with the same IP address, but different universe numbers. You don't have to do it this way, it just made sense to me at the time.

Not having used your boards, but I assume they will become outputs 1 - 27 on the D2 when set in Vixen.

Attachments

• D2 ctlr config.jpg
    D2 ctlr config.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 7