ECG Downloads - Firmware, Source Code, Documentation and Tutorials

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer
Greetings -

We are in the process of reworking our site to properly organize all downloads. Please visit www.j1sys.com and press on the download link and follow the appropriate links.

Right now it is mainly framework and we will be filling in the holes over the next few days.

MOST IMPORTANTLY - the Firmware Download page now contains the new v1.3.0 release for the DMXRen8. Please read the entire page before downloading and trying to install the firmware.

We will be adding more information and files to this page as quickly as possible so it can become the central repository for ECG information.

-Ed

dmoore

Senior elf
I updated the code on my ECG8 and it fixed the problems with the slaves 5-8 not responding. A note I might pass along - I couldn't update the firmware on the M24 due to my MPLAB version of 8.3x with the Pickit 3, so you do need to have the 8.56. It also appears that you can't update the M24 firmware if you have a Pickit 2 - is that correct?

Everything seems to work correctly and I could get a full 8 universes out of LSP into 8 seperate devices on each of the universes and they worked fine.

My only last request to polish it off would be the keep alive even when the ECG isn't getting a signal, like the Lynx dongle does. It's my understanding this is slated for the next update?

Ed, excellent job! It's amazing that between you, David Johnson, Phil and Tabor that all this is getting done and it appears to all work together! It's amazing what can be accomplished over the internet!

Thanks!
david

TimW

Full time elf
Hi Ed,
You mention on the site a patched version of the pickit2 datafile for the M24H processor so that folk (like me) who only have a PicKit 2 can still use it to upgrade? What's the best way to get hold of that?

Tim

j1sys

I will add it to that page's links on Saturday. I just needed to clean up the patched file and get it ready for prime time. I have discovered all these problems during final development of v1.3.0 and worked for two days to get PICkit 2 capabilities for handling ALL of our processors in use.

There are two different file formats. One for PK2CMD and one for PK2 GUI version. I have not yet discovered how to add/patch processors for MPLAB versions. But with these two tools it should be easy for everyone with PICkit 2 programmers.

I am also starting work this weekend on the network updater and hope to have that available soon.

-Ed

TimW

Full time elf
Thanks Ed
I downloaded the dat files for the picKit 2. Works beautifully. Both master and slaves program and I get the checksums I expect.

I can log on to them M24H (Nice new layout!). However the Master is not talking to the updated slaves (even after reconfiguring). There are a variety of flashing sequences on the slave board diag leds... but I'm not getting any data coming out.

I reverted to 1.1 master and slaves and all is well. Am I missing config steps? I only setup 1 universe per slave in the new config..

Tim

j1sys

TimW -

Sorry for so long reply. I thought your problem was one thing that happened to us on v1.1 that I thought I fixed and I spent a lot of time and worry tracking down a dead-end.

Then, while testing, I found what I think could have been your problem. Please read the below and try it and advise.

-Ed

----

Everyone -

A BIG OOOPS occurred in the release of the v1.3.0 hex files. I had to worry about different processors, different rev #'s and pk2 incompatibilities to try and make a clean release. In my testing run I had used unicast during early testing because multicast was temporarily disabled. When I turned multicast back on I inadvertently left it turned off in the M24H code and failed to test for that in my environment. While trying to track down TimW's problem I found this fault and believe it is his fix.

MORE IMPORTANTLY - the v1.3.0 hex files that were posted will only work for Unicast!!!

I have tested and uploaded an interim release v1.3.0-a that should be installed on ALL DMXRen8 systems. It now fully supports the Unicast and Multicast (simple promiscuous) modes as described for v1.3.0.

Please visit our downloads page and upgrade your unit and advise. If you do not need multicast at this time you can wait for the v1.3.1 release in a few days. Just be aware the v1.3.0 does NOT do Multicast on DMXRen8. v1.3.0-a does.

I would like to get everyone on the same page before working on v1.3.1 which will add the configuration screens to allow tailoring the DMX Keep-Alives that are hard coded in v1.3.0.

This bug did not effect the DR4 so I did not release an '-a' version for them at this time.

-Ed

dmoore

Senior elf
j1sys said:
I would like to get everyone on the same page before working on v1.3.1 which will add the configuration screens to allow tailoring the DMX Keep-Alives that are hard coded in v1.3.0.

That explains why I was having problems configuring muticast in the video I posted (http://forums.auschristmaslighting.com/index.php/topic,457.new.html). Looking forward to the power-on keep alives in 1.3.1! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Thanks!
david

neilric99

Full time elf
Ed, I was also investigating the issue in that I could not get Madrix outputting after upgrading to 1.3.0 (Madrix only does Multicast right now), I will reflash to 1.3.0-a and retest

mschell

Full time elf
OK, that explains alot of what I've been seeing with my initial load of 1.3 and Vixen and/or LSP.

When I get the chance, I'll update my board and try it again.

Thanks for working thru this.

Mark

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf