ECG-DR4 Configuration questions.

jcdammeyer

New elf
After stumbing onto the PIXAD8-Guide-V0.1.pdf I and the WIKI for accessing 10.10.10.10 I was able to finally configure my new DR4. Nice board. Well built. Arrived in a timely manner.

Took about 4 hours to find out how to talk to it after lots of searching but only 10 minutes to set it up and make lights flash. It would be nice if the J1SYS web site had links and even the PDF manuals. Not everyone goes first to an Australian Web Site to find information on a product made in the USA.

What I haven't found yet are what the following items are on the setup screens.

What does LIOP mean in the Slave configuratioin screen?
Since a single DMX channel is 513 bytes how do mutiple Universe numbers factor in on the Slave Config Screen.

I have keep alive parameters configured for 100mS and 512 byte Initial Universe Size although I don't know what Initial Universe size is.

What are:
Start Zeros
Clear Cnt 0 = never.
Total Cnt 0 = Forever

Finally, There are are a number of LEDs on the board. Two beside each PIC24. One flashing the other is off. Then there are the 4 LEDs facing out in the same direction as the Ethernet Connector. What do those mean?

Thanks
John

Oh. Does anyone know if there are plans to support the GE-35 LED strings?

jcdammeyer

New elf
David_AVD said:
Ed does have some documentation on his web site:

http://www.j1sys.com/ecg-pixad8-downloads/

Notice in my original posting the document I quoted on the first line. How a newbie like myself to would know that this document applies since it's a totally different product. Go to the parent folder and click on EthConGateway Documentation and Tutorials and it's empty. Even just a placeholder link to an Australian Forum for info would help. I didn't know this forum existed when I bought the unit.