ECG-P12R & 2811 - Where does the combined Data&Clock Wire go?

Imacericg

New elf
Before I fry my new controller, I am testing a 2811 strip, which only has three wires (combined data&clock). On the controller, does that combined wire go in Data? Or Clock?

Thanks
Eric

Techster

New elf
Imacericg said:
Before I fry my new controller, I am testing a 2811 strip, which only has three wires (combined data&clock). On the controller, does that combined wire go in Data? Or Clock?

Thanks
Eric

Just set up my ECG-P12R with 2811 and 2801, just thought I would FYI -- the speed of 3200 worked for my 2811 pixel strip - Good Luck and happy testing.

Imacericg

New elf
Andy_Harrison said:
Have a look at the using pixels with the P12 guide page 11. It should help out.

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,2232.msg19220.html#msg19220

Sorry I didnt answer the question, the combined data and clock wire on 3 wire pixels goes into Data. I highly recommend you read through the above pdf for more info though.

Oh yes, I think I memorized the manual. Sounds like the answer is the combined wire goes into data. Thanks for your help!

Imacericg

New elf
Techster said:
Imacericg said:

Thanks
Eric

Just set up my ECG-P12R with 2811 and 2801, just thought I would FYI -- the speed of 3200 worked for my 2811 pixel strip - Good Luck and happy testing.

My next question was speed. Thank you!!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Imacericg said:
Techster said:
Imacericg said:

Thanks
Eric

My next question was speed. Thank you!!

Speed is really dependant on how far a distance you are running the first pixel from the controller. I used a lot of 10 metre extensions and with these the data speed had to be dropped to around 2000, so depending on distnace may determine the best speed needed.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Either way works, dropping the speed has no visual effect on the performance of the strips, it just means you dont have to worry about making a lead with a dummy pixel.