ECG-P12R Documentation

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
i have a manual ive done for the ECG-P12R which i hopefully will release soon. It contains all the info you need to use and setup a ECG-P12R.

wbottomley

One Light Too Bright
So ready the documentation... let me get this straight. Each output of the 12 can handle one dmx universe. Right? If so, this is a better deal.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
wbottomley said:
So ready the documentation... let me get this straight. Each output of the 12 can handle one dmx universe. Right? If so, this is a better deal.

Yes this is correct, the P12R will do 12 universes, 1 universe per output. This is what makes the P12R such great value compared to other alternatives

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Mr WB :)

The ECG range offers value far exceeding the oft touted E68x range even the Pix-Ad8 with "only" 8 outputs still does 8 FULL universes versus the 4 of a E68x device.......

Even the forthcoming ECG-P2 with only 2 ports will still output up to 8 universes of pixel control. The number of ports is not an indication of ability.

Cheers
Phil

wbottomley

One Light Too Bright
I've been out of the loop so long... I've become ignorant in this field. My preference would be a P12R. Go big or go home. LOL

I didn't realize the 12 universe output until tonight.

neilric99

Full time elf
thats is one of the cons of the e68x range, they only support 1 universe per cluster, so if you have 85 node strings thats only 2 strings and you will have 2 empty sockets

charleskerr

New elf
Hmm, can the channels for a given string span across two universes?

Say one has 50 pixels on a string. But the starting address for that string (in linear channel space) is 510 and the ending address would be 660. Is that doable, or does the output to a string have to be fully contained on 512 byte (address) boundaries?

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Charles,

Completely dependant on the firmware for the controller....

From a practical buffering viewpoint you would always want to start an output at the beginning of a universe if you planned to span multiple universes to a single output.

This is just a decoupling of the DMX universe from the output port. Exactly what a ECG-P2 will be doing with 4 universes out a single port.

Cheers
Phil