ECG-P12X Ver 1.2 acting odd

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
I have bought this second hand and I trying to set it up. Have got it going but I am having issues with output 1. I am running 168 pixels off each output. When I hook output 1 to a set of lights on test pattern I get all odd colours on some pixels when the white gets to certain points. I don't get this issue if I hook the same set of lights to any other output. Obviously there are more than one white pixel moving on the other outputs so I'm not sure if this makes a difference. I have changed the pigtail and fuse on output 1. I have put the moved the output 2 connection (that I know works) and plugged it into output 1 (the 4 pin green plug) and still the issue occurs.

I have plugged output 1 into more than 1 set of pixels and the same issue occurs. This combined with the fact that all other outputs work makes me think it's something to do with output 1. Is there something I can do to check/fix this. I need to run 12 universes so I need all outputs working if possible.

I have run da_1.31 on output 1 and when I fade all lights up to full white all is good and bright. When on red, green or blue all come on with no issues. The only time I get problems is with the test pattern. Haven't tried to run a song yet as I haven't got the whole matrix wired. I started on output one and haven't got past this issue.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Maybe check that you have no string effects set in the configuration for that output.

Have you tried setting output 1 universe to the same as output 2 to make sure it's not something weird in the data going to it?

The only other thing I can think of is a bad buffer chip or burnt resistor.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Thanks David. The controller was set up by previous owner to send unv 41 pixel 1 to 168 to output 1 unv 42 pixel 1 to 168 to output 2 and so on to output 12. I hadn't changed the set up to my settings yet as I just wanted to get it working. Did what you said and changed output to Unv 42 etc and it now works fine. I've only got about 20 universes in my show. So I don't need to go anywhere near unv 41 and will change all the settings later.

Have to say that I am now confused. I don't understand how changing the universe can effect the test pattern. I thought the test pattern would just use the number of pixels on each output and then send the test pattern. The unv would be irrelevant. How can the test signal be corrupted on unv 41 and not the others. Anyway, if nothing else it's taught me one more trick for troubleshooting. Thanks David.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Now it is working i just had to try unv 41 again in output 1. So I changed the setting back to what it was originally and gave it a crack. All good. I'll see if my guess as to what happened is correct. When the original settings were put in somewhere along the line the settings for unv 41 have been corrupted in the controller memory (power spike?). As I hadn't changed them then they stayed corrupted. When I changed them to unv 42 and then back to unv 41 the new settings overrode the old settings with fresh data that was good to go. Good guess or am I way off the mark. Either way there has been a lot of time wasted but at least I'm good to go now.