1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

ECG-P2 and LOR S3 NOT Communicating

Discussion in 'EthConGateway by Joshua 1 Systems' started by Dave H, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Dave H

Dave H Apprentice Elf

OK, originally had problems with my P-2 but was found that it was a bad Ethernet chip which Ed replaced. (that was a previous post from last month) Great customer service from J1SYS right before Thanksgiving!!

However, I am still having issues controlling the P-2 through LOR. I’ll try to provide the current overview:
    • Installed a separate Ethernet card in computer specifically for E1.31 use;
    • Connected to a 4 port switch which is then connected to the P-2;
    • Can connect to the P-2 using the default 10.10.10.10 address. There is one string of (50) WS2811 pixels connected and they cycle correctly through the test pattern; and
    • Created a short 45 second test sequence in LOR S3 – nothing worked (I’ll circle back to this).
    Went to XLights
    ·
    Could not run the P-2 in Xlights while in multicast. Switched to unicast and all test patterns contained in Xlights work; and
    · Converted the LOR test sequence to a Xlights sequence and the test sequence runs in Xlights (under unicast only).
    Now back to LOR
    · USB-485B connected and open control panel. Com listener recognizes universe 1 and is “listening on port 5568”
    · Under network preferences I have both the DMX listener port and E1.31 port set to 5568 (have tried this both with multicast and unicast 10.10.10.10);
    · All of the 50 channels in the sequence are pointing to universe 1; and
    · Click play (ensuring control lights is checked) and…………………………..NOTHING
    Where am I going wrong??

Fortunately I am not doing a show this year so I am not pressed to get this resolved immediately but would like to be confident in being able to run some pixels next year.

2. ShellNZ

ShellNZ Senior Elf

Find Me On:
    Can you show us some screenshots of the P2 configuration pages?

3. OP
    OP
    Dave H

Dave H Apprentice Elf

Main Page System Info Statistics String Stats String Config Effect Config Strobe Config IP Config XML Config Reboot Master
    EthConGateway HTML configuration and diagnostic console
    [table][tr] [td]ConfigXML Status:[/td] [td] [/td] [td]OK[/td] [td] [table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table][/t][/td][/tr] [tr] [td]ConfigXML Network:[/td] [td] [/td] [td]<network> element in XML.[/td] [td][/td][td][/td][/tr] [tr] [td]Test Pattern:[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Off[/td] [td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
    [tr] [td] 1
    [/td] [td]Y[/td] [td]WS2811[/td] [td]3200[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]50[/td] [td] [/td][/tr] [tr] [td] 2
    [/td] [td]N[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td][/tr] [tr] [td] 3
    [/td] [td]N[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td][/tr] [tr] [td] 4
    [/td] [td]N[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td][/tr] [tr] [td] 5
    [/td] [td]N[/td] [td]WS2811[/td] [td]3200[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td] [/td][/tr] [tr] [td] 6
    [/td] [td]N[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td][/tr] [tr] [td] 7
    [/td] [td]N[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td][/tr] [tr] [td] 8
    [/td] [td]N[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td][/tr][/table][/t][/t][/t][/t][/t][/t][/t] Use the menu functions available on the upper left to configure the unit.

4. OP
    OP
    Dave H

Dave H Apprentice Elf

EthConGateway String Statistics
    [table][tr] [td]IP Address:[/td] [td] [/td] [td]10.10.10.10[/td][/tr] [tr] [td]Up Time:[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0h 3m 49s[/td][/tr] [tr] [td] [/td][/tr] [tr] [td]Group A (1):[/td] [td] [/td] [td]334 per second[/td][/tr] [tr] [td]Group B (5):[/td] [td] [/td] [td]per second[/td][/tr] [tr] [td] [/td][/tr][/table] [table] [tr] [td] Str
    [/td] [td] Packet
    Pixel Cnt
    [/td] [td] String
    Pixel Cnt
    [/td] [td] String
    Byte Cnt
    [/td] [td] Univ
    Updates
    [/td] [td] Univ
    Overruns
    [/td] [td] Pixel
    Updates
    [/td] [td] Pixel
    Overruns
    [/td][/tr] [tr] [td] 1
    [/td] [td] 50
    [/td] [td] 50
    [/td] [td] 750
    [/td] [td] 10756
    [/td] [td] 256
    [/td] [td] 10500
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td][/tr] [tr] [td] 2
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td][/tr] [tr] [td] 3
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td][/tr] [tr] [td] 4
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td][/tr] [tr] [td] 5
    [/td] [td] 1
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td][/tr] [tr] [td] 6
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td][/tr] [tr] [td] 7
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td][/tr] [tr] [td] 8
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td] [td] 0
    [/td][/tr][/table][/t][/t][/t][/t][/t][/t][/t]

5. ShellNZ

ShellNZ Senior Elf

Find Me On:
    OK, looks like the signal is getting through as the universe is updating.

Just to save a bit of time, as I dont have a lot of it at the moment, I can if you like Teamview (http://www.teamviewer.com) into your computer and have a look at settings.

If you want to do that install the above application then come into our Chatroom and give me the 9-digit ID and 4-digit password.

6. OP
    OP
    Dave H

Dave H Apprentice Elf

anyone else running LOR S3 to control thier ECG-P2 or P12 without issues??

7. AAH

AAH I love blinky lights :) Community Project Designer

Find Me On:
    Is the "control lights" remaining ticked? If it isn't then that is usually an indication that there is a universe or lor controller in the sequence that isn't being found.
    To test connectivity and that there isn't a router/firewall issue I'd give da_e131 from http://www.da-share.com/software/da_e131/ a go. You can try it on unicast and multicast.

8. OP
    OP
    Dave H

Dave H Apprentice Elf

Thanks AAH,
    Download the software and in Unicast mode, the controller works like a charm. Goes through the fades and chases without any issue. Switch over to Multimode amd not a thing happens.

9. starzen

starzen New Elf

Find Me On:
    possibly multicast blocked in your router. IMO better off using unicast anyway. I use multiple P2's and up to a few days ago used them with LOR without problem (except for a little lag here and there). Because of the lag I switched to FPP for my show computer

10. OP
    OP
    Dave H

Dave H Apprentice Elf

And your P2s work with LOR S3??
    In unicast, multicast or both??
    Did you have any problems with your setup??