ECG-P2 and LOR S3 NOT Communicating

Dave H

Apprentice elf
OK, originally had problems with my P-2 but was found that it was a bad Ethernet chip which Ed replaced. (that was a previous post from last month) Great customer service from J1SYS right before Thanksgiving!!

However, I am still having issues controlling the P-2 through LOR. I’ll try to provide the current overview:
  • Installed a separate Ethernet card in computer specifically for E1.31 use;
  • Connected to a 4 port switch which is then connected to the P-2;
  • Can connect to the P-2 using the default 10.10.10.10 address. There is one string of (50) WS2811 pixels connected and they cycle correctly through the test pattern; and
  • Created a short 45 second test sequence in LOR S3 – nothing worked (I’ll circle back to this).
Went to XLights
·
Could not run the P-2 in Xlights while in multicast. Switched to unicast and all test patterns contained in Xlights work; and
· Converted the LOR test sequence to a Xlights sequence and the test sequence runs in Xlights (under unicast only).
Now back to LOR
· USB-485B connected and open control panel. Com listener recognizes universe 1 and is “listening on port 5568”
· Under network preferences I have both the DMX listener port and E1.31 port set to 5568 (have tried this both with multicast and unicast 10.10.10.10);
· All of the 50 channels in the sequence are pointing to universe 1; and
· Click play (ensuring control lights is checked) and…………………………..NOTHING
Where am I going wrong??

Fortunately I am not doing a show this year so I am not pressed to get this resolved immediately but would like to be confident in being able to run some pixels next year.

Dave H

Apprentice elf

Dave H

Apprentice elf
EthConGateway String Statistics
IP Address: 10.10.10.10
Up Time: 0h 3m 49s
Group A (1): 334 per second
Group B (5): per second
Str
Packet
Pixel Cnt
String
Pixel Cnt
String
Byte Cnt
Univ
Updates
Univ
Overruns
Pixel
Updates
Pixel
Overruns
[/t][/t][/t][/t][/t][/t][/t]

ShellNZ

Senior elf
OK, looks like the signal is getting through as the universe is updating.

Just to save a bit of time, as I dont have a lot of it at the moment, I can if you like Teamview (http://www.teamviewer.com) into your computer and have a look at settings.

If you want to do that install the above application then come into our Chatroom and give me the 9-digit ID and 4-digit password.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Is the "control lights" remaining ticked? If it isn't then that is usually an indication that there is a universe or lor controller in the sequence that isn't being found.
To test connectivity and that there isn't a router/firewall issue I'd give da_e131 from http://www.da-share.com/software/da_e131/ a go. You can try it on unicast and multicast.

Dave H

Apprentice elf
Thanks AAH,
Download the software and in Unicast mode, the controller works like a charm. Goes through the fades and chases without any issue. Switch over to Multimode amd not a thing happens.

starzen

New elf
possibly multicast blocked in your router. IMO better off using unicast anyway. I use multiple P2's and up to a few days ago used them with LOR without problem (except for a little lag here and there). Because of the lag I switched to FPP for my show computer

Dave H

Apprentice elf
And your P2s work with LOR S3??
In unicast, multicast or both??
Did you have any problems with your setup??