ECG-PIXAD8 / ECG-P12R v2.0a firmware release

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I think everyone that has or is thinking of owning a ECG-PIXAD8 or a ECG-P12R should take a look at some of the new features of this update. I love the new onbaord xml editor and how this allows you to backup your config or easily move it from 1 controller to the other. As well it now has TLS3001 support

Great work Ed keep it coming :D

oldmanfathertime1000

Computers, music, audio, video, electronics
FYI: Mac addresses
Edward D, Bryson with j1sys sent me an e-mail with the following information;

"PIC32 ethernet chips include a unique Mac address"
This includes their EthConGateway controllers.

This information may be of use to anyone considering setting up a DHCP server for setting up controller addresses.
They may, however be draw backs to this. You should do your homework first into this use of it.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
As far as I know, to use DHCP with a peripheral (PIXAD8 for example) requires that it actually supports DHCP as an option. Do any controllers support DHCP?

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
by policy, we do not currently support DHCP.

we believe that a static address is better for configuration and control of this type of automation equipment.

in our design world we think of clients and servers. clients can use dhcp, who cares, but in our opinion servers should have staticly assigned addresses so they can be contacted, as needed, with no need for a network discovery protocol to be added to the already memory strapped bootloaders etc.

-Ed