Elements located on two layers??

nutz4lights

Full time elf
I am currently working through this in LSP, but I thought I would post a question at the same time to see if there are any expected issues with doing what I am currently testing...

Can you take an RGB element that has let's say 10 stacked rows of 10 RGB pixels (30 channels) and do the following:

1. Create one layer that has all 100 pixels from that element (300 channels total) [call it "Element_01"]
2. Create subsequent layers that have just the channels from each of the rows [call these "Row_01", "Row_02", "Row_03", etc.]

The reason I want to do this is that, there will be ten of these elements in a straight line across my display and I would like to be able to be able to address the whole element in some parts of the sequence, but then have the ability to address just the Row_XX sections of all ten elements simultaneously.

Make sense?

Picture ten mini trees, each of them with a bottom, middle and top section of RGB pixels. There are some parts of the sequence where I would like to have all ten mini trees fill up and down with light as a group and then other parts where I would like to simply turn the entire tree on as I pan left to right.

Is there an issue having channels assigned to multiple layers?

-Louie

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
yes this can be done, you can add elements to as many layers as you have.

One option for your configuration, would be to use the Matrix tool, assuming all of these elements are the same size, then expand the matrix over the frontage you want. The matrix would obviously be the total number or pixels in rows x columns.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
This is one of the great things when using LSP, you can create a layer with any combination of channels, elements or controllers, it doesnt matter, so working with thousands of channels becomes easy.

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Thanks guys! I finished laying it all out last night but had some fear that pressing the play button was going to cause the island from the show Lost to be blown to bits... :D