Elia Ware Lights 2015 Canberra

Jimbo

Full time elf
https://vimeo.com/148860683

Here is my Christmas light Display for 2015.

This years display incorporates the use of 70,000 led lights syncronised to a mega mix of modern version of Christmas carols (total show is 9:45 long)

Once again this year the animation for the show was completed by my sister (except for the star war youtube parodies used).

The display features a 5m high pixel Mega tree, 6 pixel matrix's on the house, pixel roof outline, pixels on 4 spinners, dumb 5050 RGB strip on yard outlines, beat poles and leaping arches and standard led's for roof fill, reindeer and and mini trees.

I am using a 150" 16:9 electric screen located on the garage. I also have 2 DMX vertical smoke machines and DMX snow machine. For the tune to sign and notifications I am using an ex Plasma display monitor from a club (purchase for $50 last year).

I used Xlights this year and what an amazing program it is. It took me a third of the time (about 200 hours in all of programming) compared to LSP which took 3 times as long. The raspberry pi player has not skipped a bit, already have completed 15 shows with no issues and video has had not one issue. Thanks to the guys who have developed these!

I am using 16 Ray Wu 27 channel controllers, 3 P2's and 1 D'2.

Hope you Enjoy Merry Christmas

talk2coxie

Full time elf
Bloody brilliant Jimbo!

Super impressively built display only to be topped by your sequencing, song mixing and video editing...... just brilliant.

Lot's of hard works paid of mate :)

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Dancing Storm troopers, Jingle bells - batman smells ! it's got everything lol
Great job!
Cheers
Fing

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Great show and im sure its a big hit in your part of the world bringing lots of joy. Im sure you are already thinking what to do for next year

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
I just found your facebook page and woah :eek: totally awesome.

As I have discovered myself this year, adding the video/animation aspect is certainly not an easy aspect to integrate in!

I like the Plasma signage - does it stay outside and is it waterproofed?

Jimbo

Full time elf
Thanks everyone!

The Plasma is permanently mounted for the duration. The front of the TV is pretty much waterproof, and I ran salastic around the edges.

Over the top it has a section of roof sheeting which is bolted down, preventing any water coming in from the top and sides. I have a VGA connection in the roof eve, which then runs inside into my studio which the laptop connects to.

I was weighing up using a matrix or not and the issue of being able to get cars in and out of the garage. Then i came across these 150inch electric on ebay selling for about $330 delivered. So that's why i went that way, so I could press a button and it goes up at night.

I did cheat this and paid someone to do a video for me, primarily because so much work has gone into it and I wanted a nice memento.

I have to say X lights is an amazing program. And the PI Player to. Once you understand Xlights the possibilities on using effects it is great. whether applying them over a whole house model, or individually and the different settings (some of the great effects I got where by total accident just by playing with the sliders).

On the 18th night with PI Player and no issues at all.

Its been thru quite some serious stroms and been fin