Enclosure Advice

MarcD

Full time elf
For the past few years, our display has been run off a single AVD DC48 and an SP-240-30 power supply. The controller was mounted in a plastic box and the power supply was mounted to a piece of MDF underneath the controller. This year, we're ramping up our display and I've just ordered a Mega60 controller from AAH. I'm also buying another similar power supply (yet to source one, so options for that would also be useful).

In an effort to make it all look reasonably neat, I need a new enclosure. Preferably something which will hold everything, but at least the two controllers. We thought about a 6RU network cabinet, but think it may be too deep for where it has to go. If it's big enough to house the two power supplies as well, it's going to need plenty of ventilation. All of the controllers and power supplies are mounted inside the garage, so there's no need for them to be waterproof.

Any suggestions?

scamper

Dedicated elf
I found a couple of gas and power meter boxes at my local steel supplier. They were over ordered so I got them for $20 each.
There is plenty of room and can be mounted however you want.
I painted them both, 1 mounts at the base of the mega tree and so is painted like a present, the other was painted green just to hide it in the yard, before I changed the design, it now is attached to a stand and just sits on the front veranda.

Attachments

• IMG_5010.JPG
    IMG_5010.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4978.JPG
    IMG_4978.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 20150828_173317.jpg
    20150828_173317.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 63