Enclosures for PSU's and Controllers

msherratt

New elf
I have been interested in getting some CableGuard 1500XL as enclosures for my power supply and controllers out on my display. Unfortunately they seem to be very hard to come by and I can't find an online store that has them in stock.

What are other's using as enclosures for their equipment. Hints, ideas, links and/or pictures greatly appreciated. If there is another post that has already recently addressed this post can someone direct me to it thanks.

abundy

Full time elf
Guys, i found a place in Braeside south of Melbourne.
www.switchesplus.com.au

The have all sizes of enclosures....they aint cheap but the prices are reasonable and they are real good enclosures.
I got a couple of these.

https://www.switchesplus.com.au/detail/dse-hi-box-400mm-x-300mm-x-180mm-steel-draw-latch-enclosure-grey-abs-base-and-lid?r=enclosures

make sure you buy the mounting plate for the inside. It makes life so much easier.
I can fit 2 x pixelite 16 controllers, 3 x power supplies and a 5 port switch comfortably into this enclosure.

scamper

Dedicated elf
Nice looking box's. however I would be worried about it's UV protection, as it says it is IP67 but for indoor use only.
I would hate to spend that much on a box and have it disintegrate after a couple of years.

abundy

Full time elf
I have had mine for 2years, but they are mounted under the eaves. I have had no degradation at all from either enclosure.

cdjazman

Full time elf
abundy said:
Guys, i found a place in Braeside south of Melbourne.
www.switchesplus.com.au

The have all sizes of enclosures....they aint cheap but the prices are reasonable and they are real good enclosures.
I got a couple of these.

https://www.switchesplus.com.au/detail/dse-hi-box-400mm-x-300mm-x-180mm-steel-draw-latch-enclosure-grey-abs-base-and-lid?r=enclosures

make sure you buy the mounting plate for the inside. It makes life so much easier.
I can fit 2 x pixelite 16 controllers, 3 x power supplies and a 5 port switch comfortably into this enclosure.

Wondering if you are able to post a pic of the enclosure all fitted out please. :) :) :D :D