1. Hello Christmas Expo attendees, welcome to AusChristmasLighting!
    Download your copy of the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual (free account required)
    Introduce yourself and tell us about your display plans
  2. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Enttec DMX Open Question

Discussion in 'RGB Lights - Intelligent Pixels and 3-Channel RGB' started by jediknight2, Nov 28, 2012.

1. jediknight2

jediknight2 Full Time Elf

I am going to go ahead and use a USB Entec DMX Open this year JUST for my floods. These are the Ray Wu 10W floods. The way I plan on wiring it up is as follows:

Data + = Red
    Data - = Black

There is no in/out wiring from each flood so I assume I can just connect the Data+ from the Enttec to the Data+ of the first flood and the Data + of the second flood...Just want to make sure I don't need to do anything different.

I would have ordered something different...but they ship from Raleigh and I live in Wilmington...so I will get it tomorrow...

Attached Files:

2. fasteddy

fasteddy I have C.L.A.P Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    Yes this is the way you connect, make sure the joins for the DMX are as close to the controllers/floods as possible to help reduce any signal reflection that can be generated by splitting a DMX signal.

3. OP
    OP
    jediknight2

jediknight2 Full Time Elf

Got it...the connections are within 1 foot of the flood