EOFY discount code

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Well my second order with Alan went in on Saturday. I'm hoping to see it tomorrow or Wednesday all being well.
Last one was in on a Tuesday and arrived Thursday - to Sydney!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Well my second order with Alan went in on Saturday. I'm hoping to see it tomorrow or Wednesday all being well.
Last one was in on a Tuesday and arrived Thursday - to Sydney!
It went out this arvo so it "should" be there tomorrow morning.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
It went out this arvo so it "should" be there tomorrow morning.
Ahh I love Australia post! o_O

Arrived in Sydney West (Strathfield) this morning 7:51am
Leaves at 8:20am to go to Seven Hills facility - about 5 minutes from my place. -> Usually gets delivered from here direct
But....ends up at Castle Hill (20 minutes away) at 10:53am.
And has sat there all day.

So in the first 15 hours and 25 minutes, it travelled 700km line of sight.
Then for the next 14 hours it has done all of 18km

I'm glad I don't need it in a hurry. Express Post "delivery guarantee" still suspended since September due to covid lockdowns.
AusPost, we've had Covid in the wild for 2 & 1/2 years now. Lockdowns stopped last year. You can't keep blaming that for your crap service.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Ahh I love Australia post! o_O

Arrived in Sydney West (Strathfield) this morning 7:51am
Leaves at 8:20am to go to Seven Hills facility - about 5 minutes from my place. -> Usually gets delivered from here direct
But....ends up at Castle Hill (20 minutes away) at 10:53am.
And has sat there all day.

So in the first 15 hours and 25 minutes, it travelled 700km line of sight.
Then for the next 14 hours it has done all of 18km

I'm glad I don't need it in a hurry. Express Post "delivery guarantee" still suspended since September due to covid lockdowns.
AusPost, we've had Covid in the wild for 2 & 1/2 years now. Lockdowns stopped last year. You can't keep blaming that for your crap service.
I was actually watching the tracking of your parcel up until lunchtime. AusPost has frustrated me so often in the last 2 years especially. I probably have 49 out of 50 deliveries that go out and have absolutely no issues other than often being slower than they once were. The other delivery will be a mofo and I will message them, contact them through the app and potentially call them as well. The parcels always get through but there's been a few deliveries that have been a shambles. I recently had 1 to Sydney from Bendigo that went via Townsville. No excuses, no refund just yet another apology.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
One of the lucky 49 here, ordered very late Arvo Thursday 16th and in my hands by 10am Monday a box with a "Master Hanson" signature in the sender section and some blinky goodies inside. Thanks Alan!

brando

Full time elf
My deliveries from Alan have pretty much all run like clockwork as weird as it is because AusPost have to be the company who’s enjoyed Covid the most since it’s given then an excuse to be terrible.

Aramex on the other hand are far beyond woeful. They almost always pick up a package and then do nothing with it for a week

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
I'll point out that my comment above is 100% directed at AusPost and not at Alan at all - the service is always top notch there.
it’s given then an excuse to be terrible.
Exactly right. It's beyond a joke now.

Aramex on the other hand are far beyond woeful.
You are being too kind to them. There are many other words that could be used but I can't repeat those in a public forum.

brando

Full time elf
100% Alan is brilliant at doing his dispatch near on same day.

Yep, I was going to type other things in reference to Aramex that would have meant my post was full of hohoho’s

Freman

Uh Oh Elf
Generous elf
Aramex on the other hand are far beyond woeful. They almost always pick up a package and then do nothing with it for a week
Pretty sure that's why they changed their name to get away from their reputation... only to continue to do what got them that reputation in the mean time.

bpratt

Senior elf
Pretty sure that's why they changed their name to get away from their reputation... only to continue to do what got them that reputation in the mean time.
Fastway was the Slow Way to get stuff delivered.

Not only that, they're too damn lazy to deliver to the door, even when they can see my car with the garage door open, and often our front door is wide open, so they'll just dump it on the ground near the letter box and drive away. :(

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Aus post isnt much better. I've just had a notification that my delivery from Alan arrived just after 10am. No one knocked, or acknowledged we were home. "parcel left in safe place"....so stealthy the dogs didnt even go nuts. I should go check.

Edit: Woohoo. It's here. And Alan has a new calligrapher for his return address! :D

Last edited:

bpratt

Senior elf
Aus post isnt much better. I've just had a notification that my delivery from Alan arrived just after 10am. No one knocked, or acknowledged we were home. "parcel left in safe place"....so stealthy the dogs didnt even go nuts. I should go check.
I must be lucky then, as pretty much my Aus Snail stuff gets brought up the driveway with a beep beep that they're here.

As you can see we're a little bit further than most from the road. :)

skycam.jpg

brando

Full time elf
Yeah my AusPost delivery guy is great, it’s the hohoho’s before him that suck.
I’ve been home and working on props when he’s turned up before so he’s stopped and had a chat.
So everyone who has deliveries after says he sucks coz their deliveries are delayed while we chat