3.x Error when opening a sequence in Vixen 3

brettjm

New elf
************* Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Vixen.Sys.Managers.ContextManager.ReleaseContext(IContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Anyone seen this before? I have deleted my controllers, my preview, all my elements and all my sequences and I still get this error when I try to start a new sequence. I have also tried to uninstall and reinstall the program but still the error comes up.

The error actually says "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Thanks for any help,
Brett

damo1271

Full time elf
Did you install 64 or 32 bit version? I had a problem with 64 bit version, but 32 works fine. (Yes i have 64 bit OS!)

brettjm

New elf
It is the 64 bit program, maybe I will try the 32. and it is on a laptop so I'm just using the built in sound.

davrus

Silent elf
What action did you do right before the error occurred?
[/size]
[/size]Is this just when first opening a sequence?
[/size]
[/size]If so was that sequence created in the current version or a previous version?
[/size]
[/size]Does this show up when starting a new blank sequence?

brettjm

New elf
Yes, it happens when I first open a sequence and it was created in the same version.
And it also happens when I try to create a new blank sequence.

davrus

Silent elf
I know that you already said that you re-installed it, but one suggestion I have had is to reinstall dot net 4.5

The consensus is that something strange has happened in the display setup files. Have you done any patching to the controllers ? Even just starting to patch, but not finishing and saving ?

Can you zip up your Vixen profile directory structure. We don't need the music or sequence files, just your Vixen profile directory.

If you do that, I will create a Bug Report, which will get the development team to look at it.

davrus

Silent elf
It depends how you installed Vixen 3.

By default, it installs its parameter area in the users document structure, so look in Documents for a subdirectory called Vixen 3. Thats what we need (but don't zip the music files, we don't need them)