ESP32 Controller - Compatible with WLED and ESPixelstick(unify) firmware

nagyOUT

New elf
Thanks to @AAH's quick turn around (ordered yesterday, arrived this morning!), i now have connectors!

1625806456596.jpeg

Running the device on 20volts input for a number of hours to validate that the dc buck convertor's operating tempreture. Looks good.
The 3.3v ldo is the only hot device on the board, not hot to touch, and well within tollerance.

1625806455739.png

Time for some solid testing with the unifi branch now.

nagyOUT

New elf
Just wondering if this will be available to buy at any point? Would be interested in a price if so.
At some point - watch this space.
However, there is a issue with this current batch rendering SD card inoperable 🤦🏽‍♂️.
So I’ve got a batch of boards that I will likely get rid for cheap without SD card support. So I need to update the PCB to fix this issue.
Currently time limited due to moving home, but there’s a few other tests I want to do before ordering more with the revised change.

nagyOUT

New elf
This looks really interesting. Would consider a few. How does one program these particular ones? Header?
Yes, any USB to TTL serial device. The jaycar USB one plugs straight in however.

nagyOUT

New elf
Short little video showing testing of both outputs independantly

IMG_3546.jpeg

This is how you program the firmware, using any USB 2 TTL Serial device, (Pin order: GND - na - 5V - TXD - RXD).
This specific one is the Jaycar XC4464 which plugs straight in as you can see. You will need to hold both buttons, and then release the reset to put it into Bootloader mode.
IMG_3548.jpeg

nagyOUT

New elf
Sorry about the long delay. So update. I've done all the testing with ESPixelstick firmware and SD card, and as mentioned above, I had a brain fart moment with the schematics. So, 2x PCB traces are incorrect. The boards are fixable if you are skilled with the soldering iron, however, I don't believe this is a quality solution. It requires 2 tracks to be cut on the bottom, and 2 ultra thin wires joined
1632270739149.png1632271081975.png
I am willing to sell these prototype PCB's at a reduced cost of $30each (plus postage, or local pickup 3977), on the acknowledgement that SD CARD does not work.

If you want to use WLED firmware, then this doesn't matter, as there is currently no SD Card support with the WLED firmware.

Obviously I have fixed this in the PCB design for my next order, but that brings an important question. Given the ESPixelStick and WLED firmwares can support MORE than 2 ports, like 8, or 10.. Does anyone want this? Or do people just want a small 2 port device. I'm not sure how "well" WLED with 8 ports will run a sequence over wifi. I imagine it would more be for ESPixelStick firmware, running as a remote/slave with the sequence running from the SD Card.

greggius

New elf
Hi, do you have any of the prototype PCBs left? I'd be interested in buying one if still available.

Martin Mueller

Light Addicted and proud of it.
Generous elf
Are you planning to produce these boards? If so I can add you to the supported platforms list that works with the flashtool

nagyOUT

New elf
Are you planning to produce these boards? If so I can add you to the supported platforms list that works with the flashtool
Hi Martin,
My main driver for producing this board was purely for landscaping / theatre lighting for myself and a few friends. As I still have a few boards left, It seems the interest here is very low. It would be a waste to add this to the supported platform list in the flashtool when from memory, the Generic ESP32 4MB works for this board anyways.

Thanks