Ethernet to DMX converter options

jcdammeyer

New elf
I have a J1SYS EthConGateway ECG-DR4.

I want a few more Ethernet to DMX Universe converters so I started searching.

So far I've found
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/DMX-512-controller-Art-Net-E1-31-ACN-six-output-input-ports-ArtNet-Ethernet-/321556994192 for $114.50 US
and
http://www.diyledexpress.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=157 for $70.04.

They both look pretty nice and the difference in price will easily be reflected in cost of packaging.

Anyone have experience with these. Any look out for this problem issues?

Thanks
John

algerdes

Al Gerdes
John,
I have 4 of the DIYLEDExpress bridges. Absolutely NO problems. Love the simplicity, yet power in it.
Can't say anything about the other since I don't have any experience. The specs look good, and the examples are quite interesting.

DrNeutron

Just starting in this crazy hobby
+1 on the DIYLEDEXPRESS bridge, I have 2 and love them.
You should really look into the new Falcon board though, it has 4 dedicated DMX outputs as well as supporting 680 pixels per output (16 outputs).
Looks like an awesome board.

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
hi John,

Where are you located, this can make a big difference in items recommended.

The other option is of course if your getting into Pixels at all then consider the pixel controllers that also output DMX streams.

Cheers

dgirard

New elf
Depending on where you're at, I have a couple dr4's that I could part with if you just wanted to stay consistent.

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
I use both ECG-D4 and a DIYLEDExpress bridge. Both work as expected.

The DIYLEDExpress bridge comes as a kit you can build or as a prebuilt, although I can not seem to find the Pre-built link anymore. Mine also came with a waterproof box for outdoor mounting.

-Blu

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
DR-4 here but I would consider useing a pixel controller as most of them have 2 DMX bridges on them too