Evening from ipswich Qld

924aussie

Full time elf
Just starting to begin using all this stuff but will be using it more for animatronics, so if anyone out there has any of the Doulas the talking fir trees from the 90's that they would like to sell please please let me know. I promise not to send you any pictures of him once he has been hacked and turned into a animatronic talking head controlled by the Lightorama system. ;)

Alan

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL. Hope we can help you with your display for 2011, dont know if you will have any luck finding any talking fir trees here but i like your idea and I would like to see your pictures if you get it happening.

924aussie

Full time elf
OK, I am back lost the name of this site :-[

I have moved to Warwick but frequent Ipswich every week or so to work on my car that I left in Ipswich.

I know have 5 skinned Douglas the firs in my posesssion and 7 awaiting delivery from Ebay ... waiting waiting.

And they go from skinned to ones that look like this after to put them in a skull or foam head. After you have them in a "HEAD" you then put any mask you want on them, change them them all the time, well thats the plan anyway

Attachments

• douglas.JPG
    douglas.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 17
  • bucky_28.jpg
    bucky_28.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 12

924aussie

Full time elf
Nearly forgot.

The art and technology of animatronics is currently in Ipswich until the 29th of May 2011

...... How to make a scary monster ....... (just like the inlaws)

maybe a chance for a meet and greet ;)

Monsters Invade Ipswich!

This Saturday get up close and personal with animatronic creatures at the Ipswich Art Gallery's 'How to Make a Monster' exhibition.

Featuring the work of Academy Award winner John Cox see how monsters and creatures are designed and story-boarded and how the full size creatures are sculpted, moulded, and finished.... You can even become an animatronic puppeteer!
Alan