Extreme lighting displays - single small arch - has anyone made a frame for these

janastas

Full time elf
Morning all,

Just wondering if anyone has put together a pvc frame for the following:

The physical dimensions of the arch is around 60cm wide and 30cm high so not sure what size pvc would be bendable to an arch at these dimensions.

I had a look at 25mm and 20mm pvc but doing a little bend test at bunnings I was worried it was going to snap.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nojoy

Full time elf
These weren't using the small arch, but supported my diy arches which were really flexible.received_1025964751251029.jpeg

janastas

Full time elf
These weren't using the small arch, but supported my diy arches which were really flexible.View attachment 16789

ok thanks for that.

I think the issue I'm going to have is that I need something with enough flex in it to bend to a dimension of 60cm wide by 30cm high (which is pretty small for an arch but what I'm after for my display)

@Troy ELD has suggested a smaller PVC conduit (say 15mm or 20mm) and to bend into shape but apply heat via a heat gun / hair dry / etc.

janastas

Full time elf

What size pvc is that?

I swear I was trying to bend a 15mm length at bunnings and was having no luck.

Possibly because I was keeping an eye out for someone to tell me off or to make sure I wouldn't smack someone in the face.

Last edited:

Nojoy

Full time elf
The one I referenced this morning - 10mm*6mm trunking conduit from Mitre 10.

janastas

Full time elf
The one I referenced this morning - 10mm*6mm trunking conduit from Mitre 10.

OK thanks, the link I was taken to looked like a screenshot like this, your screenshot above looks like a tub not like the below which is why I wasn't sure I was looking at the right thing.

1615258340597.png

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
I think I used 15mm pvc fittings and 15 mm pvc along the bottom

janastas

Full time elf
So had a think about the black poly pipe I used to test the small arch and found that it's semi rigid and easier to work with than then 15mm or 20mm pvc. (Mind that I had around 10 meters of poly pipe in the garage that I thought I'd put to good use)

I've got some screenshots of one I setup below just using zip ties to hold it to the pipe as I shape it to the coro.

Also found that the 19mm poly pipe tees can just be inserted at each end of the arch.

Next step is some rebar and and a small clamp to being the two ends into a better shape but also add some weight to the arch.

Pavle

Rank updated… 2 season veteran
They look pretty neat - what was the length of pipe required for 1 arch and what is the distance between the two T pieces?

janastas

Full time elf
They look pretty neat - what was the length of pipe required for 1 arch and what is the distance between the two T pieces?

Pipe length is around 70cm (Could probably be left a bit longer if you want a bit more height off the ground for the arch).

Distance between two T pieces is 60cm and the height of the arch is 30cm.